Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So very sad

Default So very sad

All I can do
    Last edited by mommyslittlegirl; 10-17-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Default Re: So very sad

Oh Dawn, anticipatory grief can be just as devastating or more so, as grief after losing a loved one. These babies are connected to our hearts and souls. It's painful to watch them struggle. You are not alone in this. Many of us have been where you are now. It is extremely hard. The best thing I found to do at the time was to stay in the moment and handle what was right in front of me. That was all I was able to do and sometimes even that was too much. I leaned on our family here because they understood and I didn't have anyone else who truly did. Please come back and talk to us. It helps...

Kathy

Oh honey, I know only too well what you are going thru. I lived in that state with Squirt for a year, or longer. I thought a couple of times that this was it, going so far as to call the vet and make THE arrangements only to have Squirt rally and keep going again. She surprised me over and over and over. I spent a great deal of that time talking to her, sharing memories of our lives together, the places we had been, the things we had seen, the people we had met. She got whatever she wanted for the most part and I was happy to provide those things whether it was something good to eat or to be left alone - she got what she wanted unless it could harm her. It can be very difficult, these last days, but they can also be more beautiful than words can describe.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Big Hugs Dawn. That is the exact term, anticipatory grief and is what many go through as they see their furbabies have a harder time.
    It can be quite overwhelming.
    The only real thing one can do is spend time with them and enjoying every single minute.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Anticipatory grief is very real. Having gone through it myself, I know how hard it can be. Looking back now, I wish the last two years of my little Zoe's life would have been filled with more laughter than tears. She loved to make me laugh. When you anticipate your heart breaking, laughter does not come easy.

If I could wipe away your anticipatory grief, I would. alas, I cannot. I understand the tears and sadness. If you can, try to find your laughter at least once a day. I used to say, one good thing a day, find one good thing and laugh.

Big hugs
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Thank you everyone for trying to help me.

Oh my dear Dawm, I wish I could reach in the computer and comfort you. Hold on to every precious moment with Kiki. Let her know how much you love her. There is no easy way to go through this. We try so hard hoping for that miracle,hoping , praying. And at the end it is the precious moments, seconds we have with our babies. I always say they are on loan to us from heaven and there is never enough time to have them in our lives. They touch us in ways no one else can, they make us better humans.
    Love always to Dawn, and beautiful Kiki.
    Sonja, Angel Apollo and Karma, Ariel
    Last edited by apollo6; 10-12-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Sonja, thank you
    Last edited by mommyslittlegirl; 10-17-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Just want to ask
    Last edited by mommyslittlegirl; 10-17-2015 at 09:32 PM.

I am so sorry Dawn. I don't know of anyone else who has continued to test for blood and urine after complete muscle atrophy has set in. Their dogs were humanely euthanized long before that point.

I know that you are frantically searching for answers. I wish I could be of more help and solace to you. I guess the biggest questions of all for you to process is how to move forward from where you are now and what you can do for Kiki at this point.

Kathy