Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: So very sad

Default Re: So very sad

Dear Dawn
    The pain, the loss,the regrets can overwhelm us. Even after over 4 years I still have guilt, miss him everyday. Like you Apollo changed my world, opened me up more,etc. No one can take that pain away. We try to find a way to go on. The loss will always be there. Many of us pass the love on to another fur ball to ease the pain. My little rescue Ariel,helps me cope with the loss. Once you experience the joy of having a fur ball. You are never the same. There are so many rescues out there that would love to be with you.
    No one can tell you what to do. We can only share our experience strength and hope.
    Love Sonja,Apollo

Hi Dawn, i guess you just learn to live with the loss, the pain itself just seems to remain like a dull ache in your heart.
    I've immersed myself in outside activities to try and distract myself from that loss, but it doesn't really go away, at least for me.
    My heart hurts for you.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thank you all for your sweet and caring replies. They brought tears to my eyes. I felt like people care about me and how I feel. . They shared the love and ( guilt, regrets ) they feel for their precious babies . The pain of the loss of their babies and the missing them. Just like I do with my baby. They offered hope and great suggestions. I am so glad many have chosen to open their hearts to other furbabies. I can not at this time. It would not be fair to that furbaby. But I will look into other suggestions ones have made. If I am part of this big, loving and caring family, I am so grateful. Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlegirl View Post
    If I am part of this big, loving and caring family, I am so grateful. Dawn
    You most certainly are part of this family and will always remain so.

((((HUGS))))

My precious baby , it has been two years since you had to leave me . November 16 .The pain is still so much there. I still cry every day for you . I will cry for you the rest of my life . I find myself going to all the places we use to go , parks, downtown ,antique stores ,the Rose Garden were you would chase the lizards in the bushes .So many memories .I sit alone on the benches .I can still see us walking ,you in the lead. I smile and tears fall . I would give anything in the world just to do these things again with you ,to hold you in my arms ,to tell you how much I love you, to kiss you and feel again the love we shared ..Thank you for being my baby ,teaching me the true meaning of love , to laugh , that life was fun filled with adventure . For comforting me ,teaching me responsibility and to cook. Mommy will love you and miss you forever .
    Last edited by mommyslittlegirl; 11-18-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Dearest Dawn, holding you in my thoughts and my heart today. And picturing your precious angel baby in my mind’s eye, through all your beautiful loving memories. She was perfect, and will forever remain so.

Sending so many hugs to you across the miles, my friend.
    Marianne

awwww, Dawn, I know only too well what you mean and feel. No matter how many babies come into our lives there are those that are oh so very special and when they must leave the void that is where they used to be cannot be filled. I hold fast to the belief that one day I will hold them and all my babies again. And when that day comes, we will never be parted again.

My thoughts are with you on this anniversary none of us want to have.
    (((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh, Dawn...I know how you feel. Lena is gone 1 year and 9 months tomorrow and I still cry every day. I never thought I had so many tears in me. She absolutely loved this time of year, from Halloween on through Christmas. The prep, the food coming in, the decorating! I know she knew it was a special time. She just loved the holidays...now it makes me so sad that she is not here to enjoy them.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Seems we are in this group unwillingly of grieving the loss of our babies. I know how you feel, like too many of us now here on this forum. They rip our hearts apart when they leave us, and the wound never heals completely. You are not alone in your grief and mourning....I know that isn't much comfort, but we certainly know how you feel. I only hope some of the days get easier for you. It has been 3 years on the 14th of Nov. since "mah boy" left. One day your good, the other day it's like it just happened. I swore I would never get another dog for 2 reasons. One they just wouldn't be like the special good boy I had and 2 just didn't want to replace him. I have re-considered and this spring hopefully will be welcoming a new fur baby. Even now the thought of it sometimes makes me hesitant, but I know many on here have welcomed a new one to the family and haven't regretted it. Hang in there....
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Thank you Marianne ,Leslie , Joan and Judi. I really appreciated the encouragement , support and love i felt from your replies . I know you all understand well the pain . Thank you again and I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving .