Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shelby Lynn

Gizmo sounds so sweet and determined! What a beautiful memory. Thank you for sharing with me.

I have many of my pups, but what I hold dearest is of the bond between Shelby and Wrangell. Shelby didn't care for other dogs or other people. She always wanted to be at my side. When she was young, out in public she would shake and drool between my legs. She did not care for Wrangell when we first got him as a puppy. It took two weeks for her to accept him. We were outside and a stray dog started walking up our driveway. Normally Shelby would hide behind me. Instead, she barked and chased him off! I called to her and she came right back, went up to Wrangell and nosed him to be sure he was okay. It was that moment that I knew. As Wrangell grew up he became Shelby's security blanket. She would go anywhere as long as he was with her. They never spent a night or even a day apart for eleven years.

I know this bond is why she struggled emotionally after Wrangell left us last fall. She perked up having Josie around, but it was not the same. I could see in her eyes how much she missed him. As hard as it's been to loose them both so close together, I know it was meant to be. They were meant to be together.
    Hillary ~ Shelby & Wrangell's Mom

Default Re: Shelby Lynn

That is just heart breaking to lose them both.

I had a golden retriever and a cat that grew up together and where a bonded pair. They passed within months of each other. It took a long time to get past their loss.

hugs
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Default Re: Shelby Lynn

Thank you for sharing about the bond between Shelby and Wrangell. Although I know losing the two has been hard on you, I understand your sentiment that they were meant to be together--even in death.

Except for with my guinea pigs, none of my pets have ever bonded strongly with each other. Now we have two cats who are like sisters. While their lives will both be so much more blessed, I also wonder what it'll be like if we lose one of them.

How is Josie doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby01 View Post
    I have many of my pups, but what I hold dearest is of the bond between Shelby and Wrangell. Shelby didn't care for other dogs or other people. She always wanted to be at my side. When she was young, out in public she would shake and drool between my legs. She did not care for Wrangell when we first got him as a puppy. It took two weeks for her to accept him. We were outside and a stray dog started walking up our driveway. Normally Shelby would hide behind me. Instead, she barked and chased him off! I called to her and she came right back, went up to Wrangell and nosed him to be sure he was okay. It was that moment that I knew. As Wrangell grew up he became Shelby's security blanket. She would go anywhere as long as he was with her. They never spent a night or even a day apart for eleven years.

I know this bond is why she struggled emotionally after Wrangell left us last fall. She perked up having Josie around, but it was not the same. I could see in her eyes how much she missed him. As hard as it's been to loose them both so close together, I know it was meant to be. They were meant to be together.
    Allison and Angel Gizmo