Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shelby Lynn

Default Shelby Lynn

My dear sweet Shelby Lynn. It has taken me a while to come write this thread for you. I still cannot believe you are gone. Last fall I began worrying, seeing you age, being diagnosed with cushings... You were so strong making it through winter. And we were able to spend one more summer together.

I waited twenty years for you - I remember when I first saw you at 10 weeks old and your long gangly legs! You lived to fetch! Oh how you loved your precious ball!
    Going for walks, going for swims! You were always at my side. Your loyalty was like no other - there was never a doubt to your devotion.

You gave me almost 14 years of amazing companionship. You were mama's girl to the core. Loosing your brother, Wrangell last fall was hard on both of us. I never imagined loosing you both so closely in time. You missed him so much, I know you are happy to be with him again. Mama loves you both - always and forever.
    Hillary ~ Shelby & Wrangell's Mom

Default Re: Shelby Lynn

Oh Hillary, my heart breaks upon reading your post this morning. But I am so grateful that you've come back to us to let us know about Shelby so that we can join you in honoring her life and her spirit, and all that she means to you. I will be sending you a note a little later on about adding her name to our special memorial list.

I can only imagine how hard it is to have lost Shelby in addition to Wrangell. But as you say, they are now joined together again, never to be parted. And I hope so much that sweet Josie is still with you, so that the circle of love remains unbroken in your home and in your hearts. Wrangell to Shelby to Josie to you and your husband.

Sending you my warmest thoughts from across the miles, always in loving memory of your precious babies ~
    Marianne

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

I am so very sorry your girl has passed on. I know heartbreaking it is and thank you for letting us know. We are all here for you.

Always in remembrance of your Shelby Lynn
    ((((hugs))))
    Terry

Thank you, Terry and Marianne, so much for your kind words.

Yes, I still have my newest member of the family, Josie, who I adopted last spring. She has been a blessing, no doubt. She is such a lover and helps ease the pain.

It is just getting used to the change. So many things are different. One day at a time, I try.

So sorry for your loss.

Hugs Hillary!

I am sorry for your loss of Shelby Lynn. She was definitely an active girl, just like our Gizmo, and has given you many happy memories.

Loss brings about change for sure. Routines are gone. What's left are all the beds, blankets, toys, leashes, and pills that were the existence of our canine friends.

Doubly-hard is the fact you lost Wrangell only last fall. I am glad you still have Josie who can keep doggy love alive in your home.
    Allison and Angel Gizmo

Thank you Robert and Allison for your kind words. I am taking things day by day. Sometimes I just feel disbelief that my life has changed so much without them here. Other days I can't believe how much time has already gone by. Each season seems to bring back more memories and I find my self grieving all over again.

What has surprised me most is how I feel when I go out and do things with Josie. I almost feel guilty, because Shelby and Wrangell aren't there too, having fun with us.

My husband and I lost our adopted silky terrier, Gizmo, in the spring. I'm not sure that I've even figured out yet how to process his loss. His last months were such a stress, but yet there were many happy memories in his short time with us.

I feel as if I'm still trying to sort everything out, but your remark about feeling guilty over having fun with Josie hit a chord with me. On walks and during playtime with our pets, I sometimes find myself feeling bad that Gizmo isn't here to enjoy life with us. In his healthier days, he had such zest.

If I were offer any encouragement, it would be to remember that time with all our pets is short. We can't let the past keep us from enjoying moments with the loved ones we have. Death teaches us to cherish every second we can with our family.
    Allison and Angel Gizmo

Quote Originally Posted by Allison View Post
    My husband and I lost our adopted silky terrier, Gizmo, in the spring. I'm not sure that I've even figured out yet how to process his loss. His last months were such a stress, but yet there were many happy memories in his short time with us. I feel as if I'm still trying to sort everything out, but your remark about feeling guilty over having fun with Josie hit a chord with me. On walks and during playtime with our pets, I sometimes find myself feeling bad that Gizmo isn't here to enjoy life with us. In his healthier days, he had such zest. If I were offer any encouragement, it would be to remember that time with all our pets is short. We can't let the past keep us from enjoying moments with the loved ones we have. Death teaches us to cherish every second we can with our family.
    Thank you Allison for sharing and for your encouragement. I am sorry for your loss of Gizmo. Your words are wise and true. They claim so much of our hearts in such a short amount of time. Their love is so pure, it fills me with joy. I miss my babies not only when I am doing things they used to enjoy, but also when I am doing new things, wishing they could be there for the new experience too. Both of my pups were my "shadows" for I couldn't even move from room to room without them on my my heels. I miss tripping over them! Josie gives me lots of love and snuggles, but is not a shadow on my heels.
    Right now I am mostly dealing with disbelief - that I lost them both so close together and that it has already been so long. Seems impossible that my Shelby has been gone over a month already.

One of my fondest memories of Gizmo is from training sessions. When we took him in, his ability to see and hear were already diminished. Yet he wanted to be fully involved in our lives. When I would train our other dog to COME, SIT, STAY, Gizmo would take cue from Barnaby's actions. If Barnaby ran, Gizmo raced after him. If Barnaby sat, Gizmo would plunk himself down and wait for treats too. He inspired one to live.

You wrote of how Shelby and Wrangell liked to fetch, walk, swim. What are some of those other special moments all of you shared? What about your moments with Josie? By the way, my cousin's dog is Josie too.
    Allison and Angel Gizmo