Thread: My dog Augie has cushings and diabetes

Default My dog Augie has cushings and diabetes

My dog has cushings and diabetes . He is under a care ofof a vet. We are having serious problems regulating his sugar. Has any one else ever had this problem? Im scared...

Default Re: My dog Augie has cushings and diabetes

MODERATOR NOTE: Your post has been manually approved so that members can start responding to you. Please check your email, possibly your spam / junk folder, for a message from k9cushings. You will need to reply to that email so that your post go directly to the board and are not delayed waiting for approval. If you have already received and responded to the confirmatory email, please be patient. Your registration will be finalized shortly. Thanks and welcome!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hi and welcome,

If you are not a member of our sister site, K9Diabetes, please go over there now and register. They are THE experts on canine diabetes and will be the best to guide you. Here is a link to their site -

http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/

Both diseases can be difficult to manage together but it can be done. We have members here who are dealing with both and I'm sure they will be along soon to chat with you. But do go register now with the diabetes site, 'k?

You now have two new families!
    Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hi and welcome to you and your boy!

I have manually approved your membership so now all your posts will be seen right away. Also, please just disregard the validation email that was sent to you from k9cushings.

I too highly recommend that you join our sister site that Leslie provided a link to for you, here's that link again http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/

I was wondering if you could tell us more about your boy? We usually ask a lot of questions to our new members but that's only to gain information about the pup so we can provide better feedback, ok? So here it goes! Does your boy have pituitary or the adrenal form of Cushing's? Is he taking any other herbs/supplements/medications? How much does he weigh? Has he had a CBC/ Chemistry blood panel done recently, and if so, could you post any abnormalities that are listed with the reference ranges and units of measurement? What test/s for Cushing's were performed and could you post those results too? Were the tests used to diagnose the Cushing's performed when his blood sugar was out of control? How much does he weigh? Is he being treated for the Cushing's, and if so, what is the name of the medication and what dose he is taking?

I believe I've bombarded you with enough questions and look forward to hearing more about your sweet boy.

Hugs, Lori

Quote Originally Posted by 1day View Post
    My dog has cushings and diabetes . He is under a care ofof a vet. We are having serious problems regulating his sugar. Has any one else ever had this problem? Im scared...
    Hi: I don't check in here too often anymore as my Jenny died last November. but she had both diabetes and cushings and it did take longer to regulate her.

then once her cushings was under control we wound up being able to greatly reduce her insulin dose. (in fact her blood sugar went scarily low)

so yes, the diabetes forum has some great folks! It is more work with 2 diseases instead of one but it is doable. My Jenny lived for 3 1/2 years after diagnosis.

hang in there, it gets better. Judi
    Jenny: poodle: Diabetic & Cushings since 2011. RIP 11/10/2014 We love you & miss you