Thread: Checking in for July 2015

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Checking in for July 2015

"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month. We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have a Cushing's dog anymore, or they haven't got any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions. It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

It's always preferable to post updates about your Cushing's dog in your own thread/topic (especially if you want feedback/replies from other members) but you can also post a quick reply here if you just want to say hi and let everyone know how you are doing in general.

We'd love to hear from you!

Default Re: Checking in for July 2015

Bella has fit in beautifully with her fursiblings.
    I'm still caring for dad. He's been in and out of the hospital but doing well now.

I contacted the state in regard to Daisy's death and they're investigating the events. If they come back in my favor then I will contact the vet's malpractice insurance carrier.

Stay tuned.
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

Hi everyone! I know that it's been quite a long time since I checked in with you all. Even though I haven't been able to actively post here for a while now (some of you may not even remember me!) I do still pass by here to have a look at the threads now and then, to see how you all are doing. I must say, the Admins and Moderators and Forum Hosts here are all doing an amazing job keeping this forum active, interactive and very helpful and supportive to so many folks whose dogs have been diagnosed with Cushing's. And I wish you all as successful a Cushing's journey as I had with my boy!

xoxoxo

Thank for having a Check-In feature! Just to identify myself, given that I'm a fairly new member, I posted the sad news in May that my husband and I lost our senior silky terrior Gizmo. His main diagnosis was Cushings, but he also suffered from vision loss and hearing loss. In the end, we lost him to pancreatitis.

My husband and I went on a needed vacation in June, but now we're back and settled, and I've been browsing posts here. At this point, I'm still trying to figure out my place, now that I no longer have a Cushing's dog.

To start, I'm posting here. Just to let you know a little bit more about our family. My husband and I also have a senior toy poodle, who is currently still active in agility. And we have two cats, one of whom is a feral foster. I look forward to reading more about everyone, educating myself more, and maybe one day having something to also contribute. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Allison View Post
    ...My husband and I went on a needed vacation in June, but now we're back and settled, and I've been browsing posts here. At this point, I'm still trying to figure out my place, now that I no longer have a Cushing's dog.

To start, I'm posting here. Just to let you know a little bit more about our family. My husband and I also have a senior toy poodle, who is currently still active in agility. And we have two cats, one of whom is a feral foster. I look forward to reading more about everyone, educating myself more, and maybe one day having something to also contribute. :-)
    Hi Allison, and welcome back! It is so good to hear from you, and to get an update on how you are doing.

Just want you to know that every single member of our family has something to contribute from the minute they begin posting -- because they are able to talk about their own experiences as well as adding words of encouragement to others. So anytime and anything that you may care to post will be warmly welcomed by us all!

Also, please feel free to start a thread about your current family members here on our "Everything Else" forum. Several of us have active threads going about our non-Cushpup family members, all of whom are equally as near and dear to us. My own Cushpup is no longer alive, either, but I have two threads going for my other two dogs. So here's a link to the forum, and please do start a new thread for your family there at any time.

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Marianne

It's been a while since I have posted. So I have posted an update and questions on Ebon's thread. Hope all are well. Have a wonderful week ... Thom
    Thom and Ebon