Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sophie, the Chinese Pug has crossed The Bridge

Default Re: Sophie, the Chinese Pug

Hopefully the meds will work quickly for Sophie.
    That's great she had good blood work results!
    I hate ticks too. I found one crawling on my jacket yesterday morning.
    Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom

Crossing fingers and hoping that Sophie gets better on the meds. Poor little dear doesn't need any other issues.

You've done such a good job on addressing her fears. What a good mum you are

Hugs
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Soph is doing better - the inflammation in that nerve is no longer causing her to wake up all twisted. I hope it holds and she doesn't have to go thru that again. That has to be quite painful. She still has a few days left on the antibiotics.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Yay. That is so good to hear. Hope that continues. Inflammation can cause so many problems and so much pain. Poor dear. I am sure she feels better not waking up so sore.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Just checking in on Sophie too and very pleased to hear that she's feeling better. Keeping everything crossed that she continues to do well once the ABs are finished.

Soph is doing really well! I hope I remember to get new labs to check the ABs work next week.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Well, it's been a looooong time since I posted anything about Soph. And this morning what I have to report is odd.

I've noticed the last couple of weeks or so that she has really been licking her feet....of course I thought allergies so I started trying some OTC the last 2 weeks and nothing has helped. Last nite I noticed her toes look swollen on 3 feet, from the licking I figured. So I decided last nite to make her an appt today to talk about Cytopoint injections for her, too. (Fox takes them) Weeellll, as my luck would have it all h___ broke loose with her feet this morning!

Our morning routine went as usual - out to potty, breakfast, back out to make sure all was done that needs doing, then in. Soph went to her crate as usual and started licking her feet again. I started my day then went to the bedroom for some reason I IMMEDIATELY forgot when I saw the blood all over Sohpie's back left foot!! I looked closer and saw that two nails were completely gone with a third hanging! I looked at the other feet and all the nails had filled with blood but were still attached tho 2 were laying to the side. So I call frantic and they work her in between surgeries this morning. Doc is not sure but thinks this is a fungus. I am to soak her feet twice a day in a bleach solution, then spray on some Clotimazole. And she is to take the fungicide Terbinafine (Lamisil) once a day UNLESS she stops eating then I am to stop this drug. SO apparently my sweet Soph has athletes foot! I'm trying to make light because this has scared the crap outta me. We go back next Monday for a followup unless she gets worse. So now it's time for a bleach soak. yay...this is gonna be loads of fun!

Hmmmmnn, my Puggle Cooper is always licking and chewing on his feet. It drives me insane~ I think I may have to take a close look to see. This could be the answer to why he does it.

Thanks, Leslie!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh no! Poor Sophie - and poor you! Glad you've got an answer for it, though. Hopefully it clears up soon.
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Eeeeek Leslie. Poor Sophie. Hopefully this will clear up quickly now she is on medication. If I remember correctly those anti fungal meds can be hard on the stomach right?