Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The other dog

Default Re: The other dog

That sounds like a great plan! I've been so sad about Lena that I hardly ever laugh anymore and the first time Sibbie heard me, about 3 weeks after she had arrived, she just stared at me...she hadn't heard it in all that time. I am paying more attention to her and also the boys who were so good with Lee and loved her as well.

Gable has been the saddest and I think it's because it was his job to take care of them while I was at work, and maybe he thinks it's his fault that I am so sad all the time, but he knows I love him, I tell him all the time. He and Cooper are enjoying playing with the puppy and Sibbie already looks up to them.

Sibbie is no Lena, that's for sure...but she is a force all her own and takes these boys on even though they are so much bigger than she is. We are all adjusting to life without Lee.

There will never be another one like her. She was special, just like Bandit, but we are furbaby moms and the ones left behind still need us and I think Betty is lucky that you're her mom.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

At least you have your other babies and the puppy, they sound like fun. I feel like my house has no life anymore.
    I took Betty for a short walk yesterday and she loved it, I'm going to have to do that more often.
    I did take a leap over the weekend, I inquired about adopting a Jack Russell but someone adopted him before me, he had a lot of people interested, he was really cute. I still felt guilty but I just need some life back in the house, the cat is real old and Betty is Betty , no one will ever replace Bandit and I'm not going to try to replace him, he is in my heart.
    Bandit, Betty, Sammy and Miss Shadow's mom

I know, I just replied to you on the other thread....
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Thank you for taking in Betty and giving her a home. She sounds quirky and definitely in need of her own post. ;-) I'm sure she'll also appreciate and soak up all the attention you give her.
    Allison and Angel Gizmo

kanga Guest

Welcome to you and Betty! Bless you all for being so kind to Betty. Good job