Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: "Mah Boy" Keesh the Wonder Dog

Default Re: "Mah Boy" Keesh the Wonder Dog

I was writing the thread to commemorate that 3 years ago as of today.... the biggest piece of my heart left this world. Three years ago I believe I went through the toughest day of my life no thanks to how things were handled by the vet. I still believe half my problems today are because of that horrendous experience. However today I honour "Mah Boy" and life has never nor will be the same without him. I never knew it was humanly possible to suffer this grief for so long a time. I miss you baby boy........ sure hope you have figured out some way to play "bum buzz" at the bridge. Mommy will light a candle today as I have done everyday now for almost 3 years, but today there will be 3 for every year that you have been gone. It also would have been Mommy and Daddy's anniversary but that won't be acknowledged for many reasons ... today is for you.
    Last edited by spdd; 11-14-2017 at 04:12 AM.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Many, many hugs, Judi....3 years. It's going to be 2 with Lena in a few months and I share your feelings about the grief.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Holding you and Keesh in my thoughts, too, Judi. We’ll never forget your precious boy and all he has meant to you. A fur-angel, for sure, always and forever.

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs coming your way,
    Marianne

Much love and many tight hugs, Judi. The years don't make it any easier at times, I know. It does bring me a bit of comfort to know my sweet girl is strong and whole again. I do believe our babies wait for us and we will be with them again!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Sending hugs to you.

In loving memory of Keesh, always.

I will always remember Keesh, especially as I got to meet you both and spend the day with you at the vets, and have lunch, etc. He was a sweetie that's for sure.
    HUGS Judi
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I got a little more information about my donated dog. He is a pure bred golden retriever, but isn't born yet. His Mom comes all the way from France, so living in New Brunswick it will be an asset if he's bilingual - LOL- He is or will be a certified service dog, and the bonus is that all his vet bills are covered by insurance the donor will take out on him. I am not sure what coverage is available for dogs, but he will be fully covered and the only expense I will have is his food and anything I get to spoil him. Training will begin where he is born and the rest will be done with the donor and myself over skype or whatever the new technology is they use these days. They were going to fly him to me at their expense, however I think I will drive to him, spend some time there with the training and bring him home to his new forever home. I am trying to scrape enough money together to put up a farm fence for his protection when outside. Bears here are rampant and a man and dog were attacked recently. The dog went after the bear, dog became airborn when close enough to the bear, then the bear attacked the man. Major injuries to the man, mainly his head, but both the dog and man lived. Turned out there was a cub between them and we all know how vicious a momma bear can be when babies are around. I had a bear and cub about 500 yards from me this summer, and the cub ran right in front of my car another time, so protection is the utmost for my new boy. Another reason to get out of this province and back to decent civilization. House is up for sale, but around here it usually takes 1-2 years to sell. Once I am in full contact with the donor I will post pictures hopefully of "Koda" - and the donor is thrilled with the name.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Such wonderful news to start out the new year! I am thrilled for you!

Kathy
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

I would be freaking living that close to bears. Just not for me, no way and since I feel like I can say that I Know you to some extent, seriously Judi, they get snow there!!! Lots of it and bears, snow and bears, I cannot see this as the place for you to want to be.

I do think that this is a wonderful opportunity with Koda. So not born yet? You're getting him at what age? I got my golden at 6 weeks and girl, let me tell you, it's like having a two year old in your house for 4 years at least. LOL And they chew everything at first. It's just the golden way. coffee table legs, anything and everything. Mine like to bury the wood logs for the fireplace and she was an exceptional escape artist. No fence could hold her, she went under and over. Local humane society was on speed dial and the cops where known to pull up in front of the house and deliver Tasha from their back seat to our front door. She was the best dog though and traveled with me everywhere and I loved her to bits. She and my cat were a duo and I think once you survive puppy hood, and still have your sanity, you will be very happy.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

No worries Sharlene. everyone here has a gun... including me. Just like living in the wild west, honestly. Had to try out rifles so it was light and small enough for me to manage, never mind the bullets. Bears are all hibernating right now, the worst time is in the spring. I do know the previous owner of my place shot 2 bears in the yard within the 13 years he was here, and it certainly could have been a bear that growled under my deck a couple of times. I broke a speed record getting back into the house both times. Snow so far hasn't been too bad but 40 cm is predicted for tomorrow and another 5-10 the next day. I was in Waubaushene for Christmas and it is far worse there then here, at least so far. No... the pup isn't born yet that I know of. I am getting most information from my cousin. The donor will be back from holidays this week so I will know for sure. My cousin may not be correct, and 5-6 month old pup will need a lot more training by the time I get him. I was told though by the time I do get him, he will even be able to carry my grocery bags, and do lots more so I really think my cousin may be wrong in the time frames she is giving me. I landed in Toronto and thought when we touched down, I am home.... but that didn't last long and back here I am. Don't know what I will do if the house sells, but coming back to Ontario is not an option due to expense. Nice country we have eh???? You contribute all your life and when it comes time to retire, you can't afford to live anymore. I am sure that goes for many places unfortunately. A one income household just doesn't cut it for sure in Ontario and live relatively decently. Added pics of me in photos... just exactly what I will be in a few years "Granny with a gun."
    Last edited by spdd; 01-03-2018 at 06:53 AM.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh