Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: "Mah Boy" Keesh the Wonder Dog

Default Re: "Mah Boy" Keesh the Wonder Dog

I had 3 others when Lena died. They are all seniors, Doree is 13 and the boys are both 8. If my husband had not gotten Sibbie without asking me, I think I would still be on the couch. If he had asked me, I would've said absolutely not.

The older ones were all happy to just let me lay on the couch and cry or sleep, which I did a lot of. But I couldn't do that with a puppy. I had to get up and take care of her. I couldn't bond with her for about a month, and she learned to let me alone while I cried.

I still cry for my Lee, but Sibbie has made me laugh again. For the first few months, she only knew me as this lunatic who was either crying or screaming at everyone.

I can think of Lena and smile sometimes or I think about her and cry. She will never be replaced. She was my heart dog, the one i loved beyond words. I love them all and all the ones who went before her, but she was just the one.

I do dread losing the rest of them. I worry about it all the time. I can't bear the thought of going through it again. But I love animals and I will always have them around. I'm "Mommy" and I need to "baby".

Lena shattered my heart when she left me; its still not healed, but if I didn't have the rest of them, I would still be on the couch.

I don't know if this helps you, but I do know how you feel...

Sending comforting thoughts to you...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Dear Judi,
    I understand only too much about the heartache. Apollo was my soul dog, the first dog I ever had. Like Keesh, he went through so much with the cushing. It has been 4 years since my boy past. Four months after he passed I adopted Ariel, not to replace him, but to pass that love to another. Ariel has issues,he will never be Apollo, nor replace Apollo. He helps me cope with life on life's terms. I felt so guilty, I even wait to an animal communitarian about it. She explained it so elegantly. Apollo, and all dogs accept death without the resistance we humans have. Apollo was preparing to die and I was desperately trying to hold on instead of just being there for him. We have these angels on loan from God. They teach us so much. Yes it will be painful to lose little Ariel. But if I did not have him I would have missed out on the love,joy, excitement, unconditional love I have had with him. The price is worth it. I am originally from Toronto, Ontario. Have not been back in years. Planning on moving to Arizonia for a more affordable living. Love Sonja and Angel Apollo(always in my heart,always in my soul)
    Last edited by apollo6; 04-04-2017 at 12:24 PM.

It tore an enormous hole in my heart when I lost my sweet boy, Harley, and than that hole grew larger when my precious Bear passed 2 years later.

Before Bear passed I adopted a dear senior Pom named Sampson. OMG Sampson was such a love bug and so was Bear, they both helped me cope with Harley's loss.

Harley passed in 2011, Bear in 2013, and then Sampson in 2014, boy did I feel empty. For me the best decision I made was to adopt a senior dog that wasn't likely to find a forever home, and his name is Marvin.

Marvin is around 11 years old and was used for breeding purposes only. His former owner kept Marvin outside in a pen. When he was surrendered to the rescue his fur was so matted that they had to shave it off and the skin underneath was red and inflamed.

Marvin looked so pitiful the first time I saw him and I could tell that he wasn't given the love and kindness he so deserved. Marvin has his forever home with me and he has helped that hole in my heart to heal. I know in adopting senior dogs that their life with me won't be a long one but I want them to have the best possible dog worthy life that they are entitled to, our furry babies give so much and ask for so little.

Sending huge and loving hugs, Lori

Hoping that you are having safe travels Judi. Bad storms still out east, so you being on the road is worrying.

I could see something like maybe a golden retriever in your life at some point. A big love bug to keep you company and run and play. They have a golden rescue in Ontario, and I bet they have them out east too. Course there are tons of dogs that need good homes, which you would definitely be able to provide when you find your forever home. You really never know were and when that bond will form, that one look in their eyes and you know they are meant for you.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hi Judi, you've been on my mind the last couple of days. I hope you have been safe in your travels! Where are you now -- any adventures you'd care to share with us? I surely hope your home-hunting is off to a good start!

Marianne

Hi guys... things are going from bad to worse unfortunately. Long story, but the gist of it is that I bought a house in New Brunswick, however the roads are horrendous here, blown tires, broken springs, shocks or axles take such a beating. Not sure why anyone would even consider visiting the area at least I'm in. Can't get anyone in the trades to do their job nor do it the way a customer wants it.... really a joke here.. and to make matters worse the septic has to be replaced, so after 10's of thousands of dollars spent, I am going to list the house and go back to Ontario. Don't know where or even how I can afford it anymore. I have worked my butt off and it's just too much for me. The house looks worse now then when it was shown to me, so I have to spend even more money to make it suitable to show. i.e. I ripped up broke ceramic floor and it's not replaced-tore up sticky tiles- now floor is sticky- knocked down wall- now that needs to be repaired and-tore off trim to paint it so now have to put it back on. I have no clue where I'm going to get the energy. I cannot live in the house the way it is and haven't, been staying at my brothers and I'm sure it's rough on him, but he is almost 80 so when I get finished at the house there are all sorts of things I physically have to do for him and I just can't take it anymore. At least my health is ok for now. Missing "mah boy" as much as ever.. what I'd give to just have a kiss or howl from him especially now. I was doing well mentally, but this journey I have been on, is destroying all the progress I had made. Oh well life just sucks.... but keep on keeping on for sure.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Oh, Judi...what a mess!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Well that has been an awful experience for sure. I'm real sorry Judi. what a pain.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Gosh Judi, it sounds as though you somehow jumped from the frying pan into the fire with this house! Yikes!!! I'm so sorry, too. This was not at all what I was hoping to hear when I asked for an update.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, and surely hoping that things will finally turn around and start straightening out. Do let us know, OK?

Marianne

Well none of this is any good Judi. You really need to catch a break. Maybe just take a breather to get your zen back in order.