Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: "Mah Boy" Keesh the Wonder Dog

Default Re: "Mah Boy" Keesh the Wonder Dog

Keesh will always be in your heart, soul and spirit. The lose is always there. Never forgotten. In memory of sweet Keesh.
    Sonja and Apollo

Judi, thinking of you and Keesh. What a sweetheart and special boy he was.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hey "poopers" today I spent longer then usual on this forum particularly looking at the memory thread and the years that so many of our babies had passed. I cannot believe that I have to go back 2 years to see your name, yet the day it was posted, it took my breath away to realize it was true and that you were gone. I haven't put up a Christmas tree since you left for many reasons. Nobody would see it anyway. I do remember though removing tinsel from you daily along with picking up ornaments that got knocked on the floor with your wagging tail. You had to inspect every gift under the tree, and the stockings usually got emptied faster then they got filled... you were so afraid you'd miss something. You always loved the grocery bags coming into the house so you could do a thorough inspection, knowing somewhere in one of those bags there'd be something special for you. You loved guests coming over, greeting them at the door then running off to get one of your cherished treasures and bring it to the guest, your way of saying they were welcome in the house and that you liked them. You were so special baby boy... I miss you terribly and as another year comes to a close and another begins, my greatest wish would be to see you again, smell you.. hug you and laugh one more time at your antics... someday baby boy.... someday.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Wishing each and every one of you on the forum a very
    Merry Christmas,Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah, and all the very best in 2017.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Thanks so much, Judi, and more of the same heading right back at atcha!

Same to you, Judi!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Merry Christmas Judi!!! HUGS!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

So after 2 years and just over 2 months, I went and set up appointments for grief counselling. I have not been able to move on and even when I light "mah boy's" candle daily, I weep. So many changes have happened before I lost Keesh and many more since, and I have not been able to let go. I was always sentimental -too much so - with just a couple of years ago I completely lost it in the grocery store. My dad died in 1985 and just as I opened a freezer door in the store a couple of years ago, over the intercom came the Christmas song Silver Bells. I folded on the spot-looked at my then husband and said I think I can pull myself together which I did. My Dad was Christmas... so much so that at his funeral that August we played Silent Night. Now that I am completely alone in a strange town, with no friends and pretty much isolated, the grief has come roaring back with a vengeance and I ache, literally ache when I see a picture of Keesh, or have a memory. I sure hope these grief counsellors are miracle workers... cause God knows I sure need on. I will let you know how it goes.
    Last edited by spdd; 01-26-2017 at 04:28 PM.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Good for you, Judi! I think this is a wise and healthy decision, and I surely hope you'll feel good about the counselor you've selected. Just remember, though, if it doesn't feel as though you are forming a good relationship, you can always switch and start up with somebody else. Some people you naturally feel comfortable with; some people you just don't.

I've gone for counseling several times in my life, and most recently for grief counseling myself a couple of years ago when two of my closest and best friends both passed away from cancer just a few months apart. I struggled and struggled to try to work through things on my own, but omigosh it helped so much when I finally scheduled some appointments to talk with someone who was trained to listen and support me.

So I really hope you'll find some comfort and peace, too. That doesn't mean you'll ever stop missing Keesh because of course that will never happen. But you still have a lot of your own life to live. A lot more chapters to the story, Judi. And never forget you have a ton of friends here who are all rooting for you, even as we forever also honor Keesh.

Definitely report back as to how things go, OK?
    Marianne

Glad you are taking steps to take care of yourself.
    Love Sonja,Apollo