Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: "Mah Boy" Keesh the Wonder Dog

Default Re: "Mah Boy" Keesh the Wonder Dog

I have been SOOOOO glad to read your posts on FB about getting back home finally! I hope you find a home soon that brings you joy!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thank you all for the support and encouragement you have shown me. 2 years in New Brunswick was definitely 10 yrs too long. I have all my things in storage and staying temporarily with a friend. I have now dropped the house as of today a total of 45 thousand dollars from a fair market value. Let this be a lesson to anyone considering moving to New Brunswick and even the real estate agents tell you the same thing. Too bad no one told me before it was too late Never, ever put money into any house in that province. You will not get it back... and I am a perfect example. This experience has ruined me permanently financially, which I just cannot fathom considering I worked all my life to have the worst province in Canada pretty much bankrupt me. I really hope the house sells before Christmas and I can find a place, however it is what it is for now. Something has to give for sure. I will get back on here and read everyone's threads when I can, but again... you guys are just amazing.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

So it's been 2 months now almost without even a hint of anyone interested in the house. Having trouble wrapping my head around this for sure.
    This morning I was on the internet and listening to one of my favourite singers on youtube..... didn't know he had recorded this song until today... and of course the tears started. In memory of "mah boy" Oct 29-1999-Nov. 14-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr7hLS4E5y4
    Last edited by spdd; 10-10-2019 at 10:21 AM. Reason: date correction
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

I followed the link and it says - "Video unavailable". It says the uploader has not made it available in "your country".

EDITED TO ADD:

I found a link that does work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmhpnMjFh2E
    Last edited by Squirt's Mom; 10-10-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thanks Leslie.... I have been working the federal election advance polls for 4 days... and was driving one of the poll clerks to our poll about 1/2 hour away from here. For some reason and I can't remember why (15 hour days will do that to you) Keesh came up in conversation, and once again the tears welled up, and I had to stop talking for a moment while driving. Does this ever go away?
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Never, Judi...I still have days where I can't speak about her without crying. And i want so badly to talk about her, to remember, to hear other people's memories. But because I wind up crying, hardly anyone will. So I talk to her all the time, in my mind, sometimes out loud. Or I'll talk to Gable, who I think still remembers her...he's okay with me crying.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Thanks Joan... there are days when I wish it would then most times I hope it doesn't. The memories although painful you want to hold onto, yet other times when the tears start at the most inconvenient times you wonder if you are normal. No matter what, he was the most precious thing I ever had and now that he's gone I will never be the same. I wish I could get another puppy, but it's impossible with my living situation, so I have gotten used to the fact that "mah boy" at least I did have and will cherish him forever.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

OH Judy, I wish I could say yes, it does go away for all of us. But I can't. Some people seem to be able to compartmentalize their grief and visit it rarely if ever. I'm not one of those people. I wear my griefs like a cloak every day and will for the rest of my life. But I choose to think of that cloak as a shimmering, comforting protection knowing I have faced and lived thru all those agonies. I've seen images of a cloak that is like butterfly wings and one like a dragonfly with wings wide open. That is how I choose to see this mantle of grief I wear; it is and ever more will be part of who I have become. Sometimes I pull the edges over my head and crawl inside, drowning in tears and fresh anguish. But even then I cherish that cloak because every thread is woven with love beyond description and I never want to forget those loves. So cry, sweet lady, and rejoice that we have been blessed to know such love because many have not and never will.

Hugs,
    Leslie

Happy Birthday at the bridge puppers. 20 yrs ago today you were born. Miss you as much today as ever.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Tons of hugs flowing your way, Judi. What a gift Keesh has always been for you and for our family here, even now in memory. Your dear, sweet boy forever.

Take care, my friend!