Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: "Mah Boy" Keesh the Wonder Dog

Default Re: "Mah Boy" Keesh the Wonder Dog

aww Judi, that is awful! I am so sorry you are subjected to such unprofessional behavior once again. Take time to breath and calm a bit then tell them how you felt about this treatment!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Well I looked up their website and seems to be a new owner. Even so, you would have thought the last vet would have noted something on his record (if they even kept one) or destroyed it, or better yet taken their old files of departed patients when they sold the business. I just emailed them back and said don't email me again... my pet has been dead for over 4 years.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

They only need to keep records for three years. I looked it up when I was trying to get Lena's Ultrasound report and they couldn't find it...I never did get it and the three years is up next month.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Update... sitting here with actually 8 ft of snow so far since October 24th... 5 months of winter and I've had it. The house is not sold but who in their right mind would be travelling around here in the winter looking for a house. I have had to have my laneway plowed now 15 times as I couldn't get the car out and we have another dumping coming this weekend. I am so sick of this place I could literally scream and too old to cope with this weather.
    We have the highest sales tax in Canada, food prices are outrageous, the highest natural gas in Canada, electricity is out of sight and to add to all this mess, there was so much snow on the roof, I had to have someone come and shovel it off. This place is going to bankrupt me, seriously if I cannot get out of here in the next couple of months. Never, ever move to the Canadian Atlantic provinces... you'll be shocked beyond belief, and the gov't ripoffs are just as bad. Good thing I didn't get a dog, there is no where for it to be on my property other then the laneway. The snow in my yard is way over my head and that includes 10 ft of snow banks I have shovelled just to make a small path from my front door to the car. Snow banks on the road are way over the car roofs making driving dangerous as well at any intersection. If I had only known before I trekked here. A lady in her 70's who has lived here all her life said last year was the worst she had seen it in her entire life, that is until this year which is far worse.

It will cost me about 5000 dollars to get back to Ontario.... but it is worth every penny just to be home again. The isolation and loneliness grabs me almost everyday, but I'm hanging in. I would have abandoned the house and left a long time ago, but insurance companies want almost 600 dollars to insure the place because the fire dept. is so far away.. and yet they won't cover for vandalism.. now what would be the first thing someone would break to get in.. a window and that's considered vandalism. Again another ripoff in my opinion.
    I have been checking on posts every now and then to keep up to date. I sure hope others are coping better then I am. It has been harsh everywhere this winter, however I have to say it is non-stop here.
    I was at one point the life of the party, a wicked sense of humour and up for almost anything within reason, but this place has destroyed any semblance of that completely. I sure hope it comes back once I'm out of this what I call the "outhouse of Canada"
    Ok that's enough Bi*(^% for awhile. Have to start taking some pics and getting rid of stuff before I get to the packing. If this house ever sells, I will be a complete blur as I close the door on this place for the last time, and want everything done well in advance of closing.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Awww Judi, I sure hope spring comes early for you this year, both literally and figuratively!! I know it’s been such a struggle ever since making this move, and this winter definitely sounds like the worst yet. We’ve been having such a wet winter, too, but it’s all rain for us. Rain, rain, and more rain. I’m so sick of clouds and rain that I could scream. But rain doesn’t carry the same travel woes as do snow and ice, so my grounds for complaint are a whole lot more limited than yours.

I do think a person’s living situation — and yes, the weather — can have a huge impact on their personality. So I’ll truly hope that you can return to Ontario as soon as possible. And who knows, once you get resettled, it may finally be the right time to introduce a new companion into your life. I know there’s much to be done beforehand, but all we can do is take one step at a time. And the fact that you’re making these plans seems like a mighty important first step to me. So keep on hanging on!!! The sun will surely shine again. It just has to!

Sending my warmest wishes northward,
    Marianne

Thanks Marianne... nothing has changed other then at least we are getting temps over the freezing mark. Still have huge piles of snow. There has been no activity on the house at all... and now I can't even get the real estate agent to return my emails. Typical though of every trade I have dealt with here. If you were on my FB account you would see exactly what I mean and what it is like here. Oh well... I trudge on. Love this forum and without a doubt love the people on it. I am grateful for that. Hopefully soon I will have an attitude adjustment as they say... and once again will feel normal again.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

FINALLY !!!!!!!! SOME GOOD NEWS !!!!!! I HOPE !!!!!!! An offer came in on the house and I accepted. If all goes well I will be out of this horrid, horrid province and back to Ontario. Where I'm going I have no clue, but at this point I don't care. I am sure when the car crosses the border from Quebec to Ontario, I will stop the car and literally kiss the ground. I hate to get myself so excited, as all things here have been a debacle, but I am really hoping this works out. It has been an eye opener as to how they deal with real estate here, not even sure if the law they have should be enforced as it costs the seller more money, but at this point I don't care. I will miss my brother who is 82 now and chances are I won't see him again in this lifetime, but I can't tolerate what goes on here and stay because of him. I have a sister and 1 more brother in Ontario plus another brother in North Carolina, but my kids and grandkids are in Ontario too... and I haven't seen any of them in almost 1 1/2 years. I will keep you posted. Moving day is May 15th if all conditions are met by May 6th..... keep your fingers crossed please for me.... if this falls through, I will need a straight jacket and a rubber room for sure.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Oh Judi, I’m so relieved for you and I’ll totally keep all fingers crossed that everything works out!!! You soooooooooooo deserve getting a break, and I sure hope this is it! Definitely keep us updated as things proceed, OK?

Oh Judi....

During alll your misery, you made time to think of my baby Annie. I’m SOOOOOO happy that you have an opportunity to move back to a place and people you love and who love you! I will pray it all works out for you.

I think I also read that you may have a new pup on the way. I’m just sending all the best wishes and hugs I can muster your way. Best of everything to you and Keesh has a big smile on his beautiful face. Blessings, Karen

BAD NEWS AGAIN !!!! The buyers backed out of the deal. Got an email tonight from my real estate agent. I had contacted all utilities, lawyer, movers and was ecstatic, but today was a little apprehensive as nobody called to set up appts. re inspection, water testing etc. which was a condition the tentative buyer put in the offer. Sure enough... that gut feeling was right. They have a funny way of doing things in this province. Usually there is a small deposit with an offer where I come from to show good faith. Not here though, so a buyer literally could go around putting in several offers on several homes, then pick the best counter offer and leave everyone else holding the bag. I am beyond devastated.... I just wanted to go home.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh