Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: new, is this where I post? new diabetes diagnosis - Sweet Cosmo has passed

Default Re: new, is this where I post? new diabetes diagnosis - Sweet Cosmo has passed

Sharlene, Suzie, Addie, Valerie

I haven't been here for a while, finding it hard with the holidays here. Lost my mom Oct 3 2010, my dad Dec 13 last year and Cosmo Oct 3 this year, my first thanksgiving without my dad and my little boy. Not much to give in me right now. The hugs are very much felt and appreciated. You all are such a blessing not only to me but everyone else. Hugs back to you, I'm sure it's hard for y'all too!!!
    Last edited by jas77450; 12-04-2014 at 12:04 AM.
    Cosmo's mom.

Default Re: new, is this where I post? new diabetes diagnosis - Sweet Cosmo has passed

It is sweetie, we each have our hardships and thankfully are here for each other.

My own father has been in and out of the hospital so much lately. My sister has lost custody of her children due to her continued drug use. So far, she has visitation and I pray that she doesn't mess that up too.

Christmas will be hard not watching Daisy unwrap her presents. I'm hoping that Bella will learn how because that was a sight to see. Somehow, Daisy learned to wait and remembered which presents were hers. We went around the room, each opening one at a time. Daisy too.

I do my best to focus on what I still have around me now <3
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

I am sorry to hear about your father and sister. I hope he gets better. Enjoy every moment you can with him. My brother was deep into drugs. Don't give up on her. After decades of prayer he is finally free from it and doing well.
    I can just imagine her opening presents, what patience to wait her turn. I know you will be picturing it again. I'm sure Bella will learn too. You will have to let me know how she did!
    I keep telling myself the same...focus on what I have left...I have so much to be thankful for but can't seem to get out of this slump
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Cosmo's mom.

I understand the slump. Don't be too hard on yourself. Slumps are not always bad, sometimes we need to there. Sometimes we just need to give ourselves permission to opt out of the holidays if we really need to.

Nothing wrong with that.

Hugs
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Having to go thru holidays when you're grieving is a cruel fact of life. I've always wished I could go to bed and wake up when it was all over with. I have been without most of my family for many years so I've adjusted but it always leaves a burning emptiness when I think of all who are missing. (The 2 legged and the 4 legged). Luckily I have hyperactive grandchildren which turn everything into chaos, so I don't have much time to think about it. But its the quiet times when everyone is gone that it creeps up on me. Be gentle with yourself... don't demand too much of yourself... and seek peace and comfort where ever you can find it. A hot bubble bath. A nice glass of wine (or strong shot of liquor)... a silly movie. I watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation multiple times and laugh every single time. Hugs and Love honey. I'm thinking of you.
    (¯`•.•´¯)¸•´¯`☆ ¸•´¯`☆ ¸•´¯`☆
    .`•.¸¸.•´ Suzie, Dixie & Buttons

I'm with ya! Having a particularly difficult time this year.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Maybe it is just one of those years. You aren't alone, this year I can't seem to find my holiday spirit. I'm hoping I just misplaced it and it will show up eventually.

We all understand and some years and times are just harder than others.
    big group hug! sounds like a few of us need one of those.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hi sweet girls. Ya, it seems to be one of those years for many of us. I am so greatful for my family here. Everyone is so caring and understanding. Thank God we have each other to lean on and walk these hard days hand in hand. We will get through them together, one day at a time.
    Good to hear from all of you. Prayers for strength, peace and some joy for all of you this Christmas holiday and a blessed, happier new year. Remembering all our loved ones and fur babies too.
    Cosmo's mom.

New traditions, knowing we dont have to always do everything the same for the holidays, just go with the flow.

My new motto: go with the flow whatever you can handle on any given day, that's what you do!!!!

Yesterday was warmer ( not by much) so I decided since I was not doing a tree- I was going to light up my yard. I hauled out reindeer I have not used in 3 years, I think. I have beautiful led blue lights I strung up and they bring a huge grin to my face.

New traditions- hey they work sometimes

I am thankful you have family surrounding you.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Merry Christmas Jenny and Angel Cosmo.

I hope you are doing okay and have found some peace I. What is likely a hard holiday season.

I wish you all the best in the new year.

Hugs
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)