Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Say hello to Tess

Default Re: Say hello to Tess

Oh the memories! Crys had to be restricted due to her issues as well and it was so very hard on both of us. She was so full of energy and mischief, loving to run full out. I would on occasion allow her to do as she wanted and the joy would pour off of her. We learned games to play that didn't require a lot of running or jumping - some none - and she was a happy girl teaching me her games. Mostly Crys just wanted to be loved on and that was very easy to provide. I hope Tess does well and the two of you find ways to play and stimulate that are beneficial for both.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY TESS!
    It's hard to believe that Tess is a year old today, where has time gone! She is enjoying her hydrotherapy sessions and can now go on longer walks. The physio is pleased with her progress and says the muscles in her back legs are 90% built up now. It is still hard to stop her running and jumping at home but that's just the way she is. Just to add to the mix, two weeks ago she managed to get hold of 6 or 7 grapes. Knowing they can be bad for them I rang the vets and they said bring her straight in. They induced vomiting and she had to have 24 hour fluids intravenously. Poor thing, so much in one year. She is such a loving and happy dog, if not a little excitable sometimes!!
    Linda

Happy 1st Birthday, Tess!
    So much fun ahead of you and Mom and it sounds like you are doing a great job of keeping her on her toes!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Happy Birthday, dear Tess!!!

happy birthday tess

1 year old already!!!

Glad she is doing so well
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hi Everyone,
    Thought it was about time I gave an update on Tess! She is 2 and a half years old now and still full of energy. She is doing well and her leg muscles are built up nicely now. She still has a monthly hydrotherapy session. She loves food and is always looking to see what she can find. The other day we had to take her to the vets as she swallowed a sock whole, not something she usually does! After having an injection to make her vomit she was fine. Never a dull moment.
    I have had a few health problems this last year. I had a malignant melanoma removed from my face which left a 3" scar but it has healed very well and is not that noticeable now. It was a shock at first as I've never really had any illnesses before but I find it easier to cope with now especially with support from good friends and family.
    Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas and a happy and healthy 2017.

Linda and Tess xx

Good to hear from you, Linda, and a blessed Holiday season to you and yours. I am so glad the melanoma has healed well and that you have good, solid support - that means so much.

Let me guess...your mind started shouting - NOT ANOTHER CUSH BABY!! when that sock went down! I'm glad she is ok and hope that never happens again!

Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang

Hi Leslie,
    Actually I never even gave that a thought! I just thought 'do I leave it and hope she brings it back up or get rid of it now'! I googled it and saw that some dogs do vomit them back up a week later but I didn't want her to be the one that needed an op. I couldn't have stood that stress waiting for it to happen!
    Hope you are ok too, I know you've had your own health problems to deal with. Merry Christmas.

Linda x

Hi Linda!

Thanks so much for the update on Tess! Our furbabies can do the darndest things to keep us on our toes!! So glad everything worked out with Tess.

Sorry to hear you had to deal with a malignant melanoma and very relieved that it was removed and the area has healed nicely.

Please keep in touch with us! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Hugs, Lori

Hi Linda! Great to hear that Tess is dong so well and keeping you on your toes as Lori said. Never a dull moment eh.

Merry Christmas!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)