Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: My Lovely Angel Luna

Default Re: My Lovely Luna

Just read this...
    You guys/girls are incredible!

Anyone just now stumbling on this site... be thankful.

What a wonderful/thoughtful/concerned/attentive group!

Default Re: My Lovely Angel Luna

Friday morning Luna left us. She turned 14 in August, and every single day of her life has been such a gift to us. I see I’ve not been recently updating here, but elsewhere I’ve written about her worsening mobility issues during these past couple of years. Weak legs and sore hips steadily limited her physically, but her sweet spirit always remained unchanged. During this past month, her legs had grown much weaker. She had gotten so wobbly this week, and Thursday night her hind end gave way for good. We loved on her all Thursday night, and Friday morning we carried her to the car,

For the first time ever, she was calm driving in to the vet. I think she knew she needed their help to be free. Everyone there was so kind, and she was so peaceful at the end.

But coming home to the empty house has shredded our hearts. Luna was here for us when we drove home without Peg. Now there’s nobody and it hurts so bad to be here alone. Except for the two months between losing Barkis and bringing home baby Peg, we’ve had a doggie with us for 30 years. Of course we knew this day was coming, but I think the only way I made it through these last weeks with Luna was to not think about what it would be like to be here without her. I don’t know if I could have been brave enough to take her in had I thought about afterwards. But afterwards is here now. And it hurts so much. I look for her everywhere. I miss her from the time I wake up to the time I try to go to sleep. I miss my little girl more than words can ever say.

Thank you for everything, little Lunie. For everything. I know you’re now safely with Grandmother and your Sissy Peg and all your new doggie friends. But always know how much mommy and daddy love you and will always love you. We would do anything to have you back, but only if you could run and jump once again. And for that, your spirit had to be freed. These past few weeks we’d see your little legs moving while you were asleep, and we’d smile so much because we knew you were running in your dreams. Now we know you can run once again whenever you want, as fast as the wind. How can we not be grateful for that. But please, every once in a while, please run back here to us again, OK? Even if we can’t see you, we’ll know you’re here for a visit.

I love you my sweetheart. So much. Forever and ever you’ll be my baby girl. Now and forever.
    Your mommy

Default Re: My Lovely Luna

I am so very sorry to read this news today. Run free my lovely Luna. I suggested that name. It was back at the time when she needed her own thread. Remember?

Many, many, hugs,
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Oh Kathy, absolutely I remember that it was you. Thank you for that, and thank you so much for your hugs today. I need them very badly. The house is so quiet and empty. It is so hard.

Oh Marianne. I was so very sorry to see this update. My heart just breaks for you to have had to say that goodbye to the lovely Luna. Nothing makes this easier to get through unfortunately, it’s just moment by moment and day by day. I am sure that Luna is out there. Watching over you, her family and playing with Peg. I like to think that anyway.

I go with a star is born each time we have to say these goodbyes. So tonight I’ll look to the sky and say hello to Luna and wish her well.

Big hugs Mariann and know that I am thinking of you also tonight and wishing you peace of heart

Sharlene
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Oh Sharlene, it’s been so long since we’ve talked and it means so much to me that you stopped by. This is the third morning awakening afterwards, and the mornings seem to be the very worst. No doggie to feed or to take care of. No wagging tail or bright eyes. No soft head to cuddle. It’s so hard to try to face the long day ahead. So seeing your post here this morning is a gift that does give me some comfort and peace as I try to get started.

I love the idea of Luna’s star. Thank you for that, and for thinking of us all. I know you know how hard this is, and I so appreciate your kind words.

At such a sad time, it’s so good to see old friends. Thank you so much for writing.

And Kathy, if you should stop back again, I want you to know how much I’ve always appreciated your help with both Peg and Luna. In looking back though this thread, I’m reminded of how many times you were here to support us — in addition to encouraging me to start this thread itself. We’ve all been through so much together, and I don’t know how I would have made it through the hard times without help. I’ll always be grateful.

Well, you managed to do one thing today, which was to post Lunas beautiful picture in the snow. She looked so happy! That is enough for one day. Both you and hubby are grieving, so give yourselves a break. Try for two things tomorrow. I couldn’t manage to get up off the floor and function, so you are doing much better than I did at this point. It never gets easier. I keep thinking of the photos I saw in your album several years ago of baby Luna playing with Peg. Now she’s gone and it’s hard for me to get my head around it. I had previously read that she was having mobility issues and knew that this was coming, but I didn’t want to go there. She had 14 beautiful years, which is a gift beyond measure. Thank you for sharing all of your precious babies with us.
    Last edited by Budsters Mom; 12-13-2022 at 08:45 PM.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Thank you so much for writing, Kathy. I’m trying hard to stay busy because when I stop & sit down I start looking for her in the places she would be. She always stayed close to me, always. My little shadow. I can’t believe she’s gone.

Remember Addy’s “one good thing?” I’m trying so hard to stick to that. Yesterday was the picture. Today I called the nearest shelter and they think they maybe can use Luna’s unused medication in addition to her food. I knew they could use the food, but I’m so relieved about the meds, too. I will drive it all up to them tomorrow. I had just ordered a new big bag of kibble and two new flats of canned food. I usually only order one flat at a time. But this time I ordered two in order to make it through Christmas. I was tempting fate, I know. But this way a shelter dog can have it for Christmas dinner. And the drive will help keep me busy. I’ve got to stay busy.

One week ago this morning you left us, my Angel. I miss you more than words can ever say.