8-29-14 Note from Marianne: Hi Everybody! Today I am starting a new thread for my six-year-old yellow Lab girl, Luna. Luna is not a Cushpup, but she has had some health issues over the last couple of years. Previously, I had been writing about her on my Peg's thread. But I think it is time for Luna to have a thread that is her very own. I thank you all for your help in the past, and will appreciate all your help in the future. And Luna thanks you, too!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everybody, I am hijacking Peg's thread for a moment to ask you all a question about Luna. Out of the blue, her weird orthopedic issue has struck again this evening. It is something to do with her front end, but we cannot tell if it is her neck, shoulder, back, or leg. She is clearly in a lot of pain again, and is limping badly. When it happened last month, I got some Previcox (NSAID) from the vet but didn't end up using it because she miraculously healed overnight. Plus, he and I both agreed we'd actually feel better checking her kidney and liver values before giving it to her. So the gameplan was that I'd drop by with her sometime while she's well for a basic blood panel just to have that taken care of...which, of course I had not yet done .

If she gets worse tonight or can't settle, though, I am thinking I will go ahead and give her one. The effect lasts for 24 hours, however. If she is still in pain tomorrow even after taking the Previcox, does anybody know if she could be given Tramadol, too, in the morning at the vet's office? Or would she have to wait until the Previcox wears off? If so, maybe we'll just try to tough it out through the night and wait for her to be seen. I just hate to see her hurting, though. I really think she is in quite a bit of pain.

Marianne