Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 10 Year old Westie/Pomerian Mix Diagnosed with Cushing

Default Re: Liver Problem In My Cushing Dog

He is currently taking 30mg, 15 in the morning and 15 in the evening. He has been doing very well, 6 months ago we started him on CBD oil to help with his arthritis and mobility pain issues. On the CBD oil he has been like a different dog. I will be calling the vet today to discuss and I will get his numbers from his last few tests. Thanks

Default Re: 5 Year old Westie/Pomerian Mix Diagnosed with Cushing

Just be aware that CBD oil will raise liver enzymes, especially the ALP. I'm including a link to a study titled: "Pharmacokinetics, Safety, and Clinical Efficacy of Cannabidiol Treatment in Osteoarthritic Dogs" and was published July 23, 2018 which shows those results. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6065210/ Here's an excerpt from that study:
    In conclusion, this particular product was shown to be bioavailable across the small number of dogs examined in the PK portion of the study, and dogs with OA receiving this industrial hemp extract high in CBD (2 mg/kg of CBD) were perceived to be more comfortable and active. There appear to be no observed side effects of the treatment in either the dogs utilized in the PK study at 2 and 8 mg/kg, or dogs undergoing OA treatment for a month duration. There were some dogs with incidental rises in alkaline phosphatase that could be related to the treatment.