Page 1 of 224 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Squirt - my Queen has crossed The Bridge

Unhappy Squirt - my Queen has crossed The Bridge

Hi ya'll,

Well my twitcher has been activated tonite....Squirt just peed right in front of Jim and I then went out and peed 3 more times! geez....So I will be calling Dr C in the morning and get testing started. I guess an ACTH tho I know Dr C would prefer the LDDS. I also want blood work done since it's been a while. Her other hormones haven't been checked since last Aug. so I may go ahead and have the full panel done this time. And, of course, this could be a simple UTI. The urine was pale yellow, didn't have a strong odor at all, and the stream was solid, so maybe not. Who knows?! That's why we pay our docs, huh?

She has been panting some and shedding some but it isn't "hair loss" per se, just typical summer shedding...I think. She has lost a lot of her long hair, tho. The panting may be due to the heat lately but it's best to find out.

I'll let ya'll know what comes next!

Hugs,
    Leslie and the girls
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Default Re: Squirt, PHD and Atypical

Hey there...

Wishing you luck and hoping it is "just" Percy lurking about! He seems to be making the rounds, doesn't he?

Let us know what happens!

Love and hugs, Beth, Bailey and always Scoobie
    Basset hounds are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

Hi Leslie,
    Keeping fingers and 16 paws crossed that whatever it is, is a simple matter.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Hi Leslie,

Hoping it's something easy to fix. Good luck and hugs to you and the girls.

Luv,
    Lynne and Lady 7/98-3/09

Hi ya'll,

Thanks for the kind words and well-wishes for us. We couldn't do this without ya'll.

After some consideration, I decided to have the UTK panel done again and a full blood work up. After the fiasco last time, Dr C would prefer that the IMS do the panel unless it's going to be a while before they can get us in, then she will do it. So, I have a call into him and am waiting for the call-back. I have asked for the UTK panel, full blood panel and urinalysis.

It's ridiculous but I am a nervous wreck! Ever since her surgery and the follow-up ACTH that had such a great post number, 14.2 ug/dl, that I have held fast to the hope that tumor was the cause of all her endocrine problems. I have wanted to believe she is NOT Atypical or PDH...and now this test will tell me whether I am wrong or not. Her docs have felt this could true, too. !!twitch!! !!twitch!!

About the melatonin....after talking with Dr O, I decided to cut it by 1/4. She gets 1.5mg in the morning and 3mg at nite. She is more alert and active during the day, wanting to be with me again instead of sleeping all the time. So, unless her other hormones come back out of whack again, this is what we will stick with for now.

That's all for now...and I'm gonna go freak out for a bit! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hugs,
    Leslie and Squirt
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hey,

Just heard back from the IMS and she goes in Wed. at 8:30am for the UTK panel, blood work and urinalysis.

Oh dear god.....the wait has just begun... awww geez....

Dearest Leslie and Squirt,

Wishing you both all the luck, well wishes, healing thoughts and prayers.

Lori and Harley

Thanks, Lori.

Apparently I need them....I just burned a pot of rice and quinoa, and one of liver...my house STINKS to high heaven!! Am I distracted? pre-occupied? Moi?!?!?

Hi Leslie,

Just saw the latest. This is Squirt trying to communicate with you in my view and I am hoping it means an UTI which would be the simplest outcome.

Waiting to hear more, how is she behaving recently.

Scott

Hi Leslie,

Will keep my fingers crossed everything turns out fine for Squirt... But untill you have the results...tv dinners perhaps?

Saskia and Yunah