Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Zoe Claire "Atypical Cushing" - Zoe Claire has passed

Default Update on Zoe Claire "Atypical Cushing" - Zoe Claire has passed

Well after a rocky start with Zoe following her diagnosis in January this year she has done extremely well on treatment. We've had no issues with excess drinking, food stealing, hyperactive, excess panting or incontinence of urine and biggest was EATTING(stealing as well) and her ears have been clear. All her blood results to monitor her liver are all within normal limits. We had to reduce Dr. Olivers recommended Melitonin to start but she is doing great on all three meds........we have kept her on the Ketoconizole but a 200mg dose but the combination is perfect for her. Been years since Zoe has looked this good and other then showing her age with long walks she is amazing the old girl. Being in Canada it was a challenging task to try and get Flax with lignans but we did find the oil and have since found a powder but can't figure out how much powdered flax hulls to give. A nice thing also is we have found a dog food which is made with flax with lignans.
    Well I think that is it in a nut shell for Zoe and all this is possible thanks to the support I got and the tools to get to the source of the problems. Thanks everyone and can't wait to hear how you all are doing yourselfs.

Puppy hugs and kisses from Zoe Claire (and hugs from me)

Default Re: Update on Zoe Claire "Atypical Cushing"

Glad you found us! Also wonderful news that ZC is doing fine. I am curious about the dogfood you mentioned. What is the brand? Thanks! Kim

Technical Adult has the lignans in it

Oh and I know I am going to get the name wrong, so I am just not going to say it.

What a wonderful suprise to see you and Zoe, and especially nice to hear about the progress with her treatment.

It has been stressful to say the least for us and I am certain for all of you old members as well.

Please excuse my failure to remember your name, but I rember you and Zoe will and am so glad you have found us.

Scott

Edited to add;

Ok its Heather, right. Please don't hate me if I got it wrong. (Lord, I have dreams about all of these people)

Scott,
    You can call me anything you want as long as it is nice with all the names no one would expect us all to remember who is who. I my case there are a handful that helped me through the tough times with Zoe and I will never forget...........I am so glad to be back in touch again.
    Hope all is well with you.

Heather and Zoe Claire

Heather,

Wow! I was so glad to see you found us!!! And I am even more thrilled that Zoe is doing so well on her med regimine!!!!!!

I wish I had started Scoobie on keto earlier...not a drug I would usually recommend but with careful monitoring as you are doing, I do think it has its merits. I know the short time he was on it, he seemed to do better.

It's just so amazing isn't it, when you get on the right "stuff", how things just start improving so much? And how happy does that make us??? VERY!!!!!

I can't help with the powdered flax but am thinking if you can track down the people who made it, some companies list a customer service number on the label, you can ask them how much equals how much liquid?

Thanks for letting us know how you are....I've been thinking of you both!!!
    Hugs, Beth, Bailey and always Scooter
    Basset hounds are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

Hi Heather!

So glad to see you and Zoe here! Welcome home, sweeties!

How great that Zoe is doing so well on her treatment protocol! You must be ecstatic to see her becoming more and more like her old self. That is wonderful news!

Here is a link on the crushed flax hulls:

lignans as flax hulls:
    www.flaxhulls.com

And info from the UTK treatment sheet on dosages, just in case:

"From UTK’s treatment sheet:
    “The oil may have low level of lignan, so a flax hull product may be preferable. E.g., WWW.FLAXHULLS.COM (standardized product with high content of lignan). Give SID on food: 1/2 tsp for dogs <30 lbs; 1 tsp for dogs >30 lbs. Also, WWW.VITACOST.COM/NSIFLAXSEEDLIGNANS. Standardized, lower concentration lignan product (40 mg capsules). Give SID: 1 capsule for dogs <30 lbs; 2 capsules for dogs > 30 lbs.”
    "

We had some members on the old site using this flax product but am not sure if they have made it here yet or not. Glynda is planning to try it.

So good to hear from you again! and glad you have you back among the flock!

Hugs,
    Leslie and the girls
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

So glad you be back home The Ground Flax Seed that I have is "Prairie Premium" and on the label it says "Lignans112-304 mg per 2 tablespoons" It is made in Canada in Manitoba. I will contact the company tomorrow to see what they suggest. I know the Flax Seed Oil with Lignans does not tell me the dosage. Zoe is so funny with her Melatonin.....because it is mint flavor I just tell her take your mints and she sticks her tongue out for them I know with her the combination of the 3 just are amazing and if I did not see the results we've seen I never would have believed it....took a couple of months to see the full results but "She one happy girl again"
    Will let you know what I find out about the Ground Flax Seed.

If there are any members that are in Canada, there is a place in Canada now that produces the Ground Flax Seed so shipping cross board is not an issue anymore. Customs has held orders at the boarder which made it extremly hard to get it.
    Puppy hugs and kisses to you all,
    Take care,
    Heather and Zoe Claire

Hi Heather,

Welcome back!! It's wonderful to hear that Zoe is doing so well.

-Susy

don't know if they have Walgreen's in CN, but they sell the powdered Flax seed...$6.50 USD for a 16 ounce container...