Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Introducing Myself and Bulger - Bulger has now passed

Default Re: Just Introducing Myself and Bulger

It is definetly hard to see that people you have come to care about, lose their beloved friends. I think that has to be the hardest thing of being on the forum. We all take mental health breaks when it gets to be too much. Unfortunately that is nature of this awful disease. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

Laura,
    Invest in Kleenex brand. You know it's going to be doing well as long as this forum exists.
    I spend many hours blubbering away on here.
    It's just that there is no way to not form those connections and care what happens to the dogs and the people they leave behind. I wouldn't want it any other way to be honest. It is good for the soul I think.

huggers
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Default Re: Katy Girl diagnosed with Cushing's

Oh Laura, I'm sorry Bugler is not having a good week. Whats going on?

hugs
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

She had the Vet on Monday to extract a tooth. We were hoping to do it under sedation but they had to put her under anesthetic. They kept her in for 10 hours to keep an eye on her because of her heart/Cushings. She spent Monday night pacing and looking for food - Tuesday she was still starving!! But Came good Wednesday.

I am just hoping the stress of it all is what is making her a little unwell. She stopped coughing badly Wednesday night thank goodness but she was dry retching on Friday and Friday night she was drink a lot. Saturday night I was up and down with her as she was eating grass all night (sleep is over rated anyway hehe). And she is a bit quite today.

She is wanting to eat, go for her walks and her stools seem okay. Though the grass she ate in the early hours will be coming through this afternoon I am sure She definitely isn't herself. I am wondering if the stress an the injections etc have stirred up her ulcer. Gave her one of her ulcer tablets about an hour ago so will see if this helps (and I can sleep!!).

And just because, she has jumped off the bed and hurt her leg lol. When it rains it pours as they say. Have set up some makeshift steps to help her get up and down but I know I am going to be walking into them in the middle of the night when I have to get up to toilet - whats a bruise or two though, as long as the dogs are fine

I removed the message I posted on you thread by mistake sorry Laura.
    Last edited by goldengirl88; 04-06-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

Mahatma Ghandi

She had been doing really well up till the vet visit. She hasn't actually vomited at all just gone through the motions. I am thinking that her throat is still a bit gravelly from the anesthetic. I actually went to the vets yesterday to talk to the vet and they seem to think it could be her ulcer, hence the losec. She seems to be doing much better tonight, however if she hasn't noticeably picked up by the morning then I am not going to give her the Vetoryl. She is also battling a bacterial infection in both her ears which she has had for a few months. They did swabs while she was under as her ears looked perfect on first inspection but she was constantly shaking her head.

She has always had some problems on this leg as this is the one she had been operated on, she also had a kneecap problem (luxating patella) on the same leg. She isn't limping on it at the moment (was this morning) but I just took her out to the reserve to do her business and didn't take her for her afternoon walk.

Is the slippery elm bark easily available from health food shops? I usually give her a fish oil but have just been giving her rice and chicken the last few days.

I always give her some breakfast before I give her the Vetoryl, I have no trouble getting her to eat!!

Hi Laura,

My bad, I should have asked about Bugler on your thread. Patti I think got you mixed up with Katy on this thread. Moving now.

Sharlene

Easy enough to do It's nice to know that people care though and it's great to have such a support network ��
    Last edited by LauraA; 04-06-2014 at 10:35 AM.

I use the NOW Foods brand of SEB (Slippery Elm Bark) and order it online. You can also order the powdered herb from houses like Mountain Rose Herbs, a reliable source.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Sorry I was posting and nor watching carefully enough this is not meant for you as Sharlene said.
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

Mahatma Ghandi