Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just Introducing Myself and Bulger - Bulger has now passed

Default Re: Just Introducing Myself and Bulger

Just paying forward all the kindness that we have all been shown. And I am sure everyone appreciates the fact we can come here all stressed out and find someone to help talk us down from our self induced panic and give us some direction on the next step.

Time sure flies - Oct 2012 was the start of my Journey, gosh I feel old now lol.

Yay. So glad Bugler is doing good. She is a feisty little thing. Yes those luxating patella can be a dickens to deal with. We have issues with that too.

Big hugs. Hope winter isn't too hard on her or you
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Default Re: Check in for April 2020

My girl passed this month She had Cushings for 6 1/2 years and was nearly 17 years old. She just couldn't outrun old age unfortunately, but she had a great life and we know it was her time which helps a lot in dealing with the loss. If it wasn't for the Cushings meds there is no way she would have lived to a grand old age, so for that I am ever thankful.

Default Re: Just Introducing Myself and Bulger - Bulger has now passed

Dear Laura,

I saw your note on our “Checking In” thread as soon as I awakened this morning, and I’ve taken the liberty of moving it here to your original thread about Bulger. I know it’s been quite some time since you posted about Bulger, but it seems important and also fitting for folks to know how her Cushing’s journey began, what wonderful care you’ve taken of her, and what a “dog-worthy” life she was privileged to enjoy. I hope that many newbies who come to us in fear and dread will take heart in knowing that effective treatment is possible, and that Cushpups can reach the end of their normal lifespans with such pleasure and grace.

I also want you to know how much we’ve appreciated your steady presence here on the forum throughout all these years. Even though you’ve not been writing about Bulger, I “see” you here almost every day — watching over our little flock here and stepping in on those occasions when a member has been overlooked or a reply has been needed. I don’t know whether you’ll still choose to remain with us now, going forward. If not, we do understand. But I so hope we’ll continue to see you here, because you have had so much support and experience to share, always.

Lastly, and most importantly, thank you for sharing Bulger with us. After writing this note, I’ll be adding her name to our memorial thread of honor. If you’d like for the date of her passing and a photo link to be added, just let me know. But no matter what, she’ll always be remembered here. I am so deeply sorry for your loss, Laura. It was such a gift that you were granted so many years together, but that doesn’t change the hole in your heart and in your home, now. Please know we are always here for you, at any time now or in the future.

Sending my thanks and so many hugs across the miles to you today,
    Marianne

Oh Laura,

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved girl, Bulger, and my heart goes out to you at this most difficult time. Please know we are here for you and always will be.

With Heartfelt Sympathy, Lori

Awww thank you both I will definitely be lurking about and have no intention of leaving. And I know each and everyone of you gets how hard it is to have to say those final goodbyes. She passed on the 24th March, though it still feels like it was yesterday and whilst I miss her, I know I let her go before she really had to suffer and I know she would be thankful for that .

I'm so sorry for your loss, Laura. It is encouraging though to see what a great life Bulger had in spite of Cushing's. It gives the rest of us hope for our babies...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

Thank you LtlBtyRam, those final goodbyes seem to get a little harder as I age.