Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 year old female beagle just diagnosed with Cushings - Ginger has passed

Default Re: 10 year old female beagle just diagnosed with Cushings

13 weeks now... still struggling.
    I am learning it is more of a moment by moment rather than day by day!

Sending huge loving hugs ♥♥♥

I still count down...now they are years instead of weeks. She is in my thoughts so many times every day...memories, pictures, the garden, every room in the house.

Many, many hugs to you...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Thank you. All the hugs help knowing not only my sweet Ginger was/is loved by all of you, but I am also!

Oh yes! Ginger is in everything we do, every where we go..
    The daily routine of her care has sent me in a very lost state of mind. I think I needed someone to take care of, as much as she needed someone to take care of her..
    Just...plain... empty....
    Last edited by gingerbread; 06-10-2021 at 11:59 PM.

That was something I learned about myself thru Squirt....I need to be needed. As much work and dedication as it required to look after Squirt in her latter years I would do it all over again and again and again.... People made comments to the tune of things like "why do you spend so much money on that dog?", "why don't you just let her go and get a young, healthy dog?" and others just as ignorant. I tried to explain the rewards more than compensated for any energies I expended on her behalf but for them to understand what I meant by that they would have to be able to comprehend the love Squirt and I share....and not many can do that. So even tho it still hurts to live without my Sweet Bebe I remind myself how lucky I am that I have been blessed enough to know such a love and to know it more than once. We really are blessed. In spite of the price we pay, we are so very blessed.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Absolutely we are blessed to know that kind of love and affection. I wouldn't trade that bond for anything in the world! I, too, would do it over and over and over again for my sweet Ginger!

16 weeks.... I long for my sweet Ginger daily, nightly. The routine, the snoring, the unconditional love, those beautiful soft floppy ears and those gorgeous brown eyes.
    I am holding on... sometimes by a thread, but still holding.
    Such a precious precious gift she was and will always be.
    Hope you and yours are well.

Thank you for your kind wishes, Colleen, and I’m sending my warmest thoughts your way as you continue to grieve for your precious girl. Sometimes truly the best we can do is to hold on by a thread. But hopefully the moments will come when the thread feels a bit stronger and more resilient. Perhaps only for a moment at first, but always being strengthened by the sweetest memories tucked safely in your heart.

My own heart is with you this morning,
    Marianne

Thank you so very much!❤
    So Yesterday, Monday, July 5th I celebrated my birthday and our 27th wedding anniversary. Though I am extremely thankful for each day, each milestone, it was bittersweet with my sweet Ginger not there to celebrate with me in person. She always got a small piece of plain yellow cake.. Today I would have given her the whole thing just to have her one more day! So glad we had 16 birthday celebrations together for her, and for me. Hold tight and i all circumstances, practice patiences... hope you and yours are enjoying your summer so far.