Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 year old female beagle just diagnosed with Cushings - Ginger has passed

Default Re: 10 year old female beagle just diagnosed with Cushings

Here's a link to the article. It helped me a great deal after reading it.
    ((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

https://whatsyourgrief.com/growing-around-grief/
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thank you so very much!
    Hugs back to you and yours.
    Colleen

Hi Colleen and Leslie! I absolutely agree that there seems to be a lot of comforting support offered by the “What’s Your Grief” community, so I’ve added their website to the main resource thread on our “In Loving Memory” subforum:

Where to Find Help When You’re Hurting

I’ve listed the website as a link in the post that opens the thread, and I’ve also added a reply at the end of the thread that includes a graphic of Lois Tonkin’s model re: “Growing Around Grief.” This way, we’ll have the links permanently archived so that we can easily direct other folks to the website in the future. Since this model has been a comfort to all three of us, I feel certain that other folks will appreciate it as well…

Marianne

Good idea, Marianne! Thank you!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thank you so very much.
    Blessings, Colleen

49 weeks and my First Valentine's Day without my precious Ginger...I always got her a new toy, or something special on Valentine's Day ( actually almost any day I went to the store she got something ��).
    I am so thankful I did and I cherish the last toy I bought her. It is a small stuffed dog with a ribbon collar with hearts on it and heart pattern fabric lines it's ears. It will forever be so special.
    The anxiety got to be a bit much so I reached out to my doctor. With Ginger passing, my dad a few years before, my mom battling dementia.. It was overwhelming. Fortunately I have a very compassionate and understanding doctor and the medication has helped some.
    I encourage anyone struggling to reach out to someone, any one. There is no shame in needing help.. we were not put on this earth to walk it alone. I am so here and happy to chat.
    Happy Valentine's Day.. may you all know how much you are loved!
    Last edited by gingerbread; 02-15-2022 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerbread View Post
    I encourage anyone struggling to reach out to someone, any one. There is no shame in needing help.. we were not put on this earth to walk it alone. I am so here and happy to chat.
    Happy Valentine's Day.. may you all know how much you are loved!
    Colleen, thank you so much for your Valentine Day’s gift to our family in the form of your post! I couldn’t agree with you more. At several points in my own life when I’ve felt overwhelmed by events or issues, I’ve sought out trusted counselors who provided the support I needed to regain my footing. Just as you’ve written, there is no shame in needing help. And once we’ve been helped ourselves, we can pass that gift onward by offering our own help to others. Ginger’s lasting gift to our family was bringing you here to us in the first place. Thank you for remaining here with us now, and with contributing your caring thoughts whenever you post.

First and foremost, though, take good care of yourself — Ginger would want that, and you surely deserve it!

What wonderful memories to surround yourself with, Colleen! I've kept several of my daughter's toys and things for the comfort they bring.
    I'm proud of you for reaching out when you realized your plate was a bit too full. It happens to all of us at one time or the other and I am so glad you found the help and understanding you needed to help you thru the valley. But remember, when you feel yourself standing at the edge of the hill down into the valley that you have friends here reaching out a hand to help any way we can....even if it's nothing more than to offer a ear to hear.
    Hugs,
    Leslie

Thank you both... I usually do pretty well handling things, but I was struggling too much. I knew with March 7th just around the corner and the 1 year mark of Ging passing( which I still can't believe), The anxiety was really starting to increase. I was worried about a strong downhill spiral when I was already having problems coping.
    I know it's going to hit and hit hard, but it is expected.
    I am learning.. it's ok to not be ok... this journey is unique to each of us, yet connect us with a bond unmatched.
    In supporting one another, we are also supporting ourselves so our walk through grief, loneliness, emptiness, anger, hurt, and depression is a little less
    stressful, a little less hard and a whole lot more tolerable knowing we are not alone.
    Bless you all. Have a great weekend.

52 weeks!!!! 1 year!!!���� I still have trouble accepting it. Can't believe it. It seems like it was just a few weeks ago, yet so very long since I held you, fed you, gave you a bath, took you for a walk, or a ride. Gave you kisses and stroked your long soft ears. I didn't know a heart could break twice along the same fault line until today.. I miss you Ginger, my baby girl and best friend. Forgive me for the times I lost my patience.. it wasn't many, but they still hurt.
    You knew all my secrets and loved me anyway.
    Mom always, always loved and loves you. Forever little girl! You are missed every single day! You filled a void no one else ever can.
    ... love mom..