Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 year old female beagle just diagnosed with Cushings - Ginger has passed

Default Re: 10 year old female beagle just diagnosed with Cushings

Awwwww Colleen, I sure do understand. Our heads and our hearts can definitely travel along different paths, and the pain from the absence of such a treasured companion can have a poignant life of its own. The pain can reappear when you least expect it. Sometimes subtle, sometimes breathtakingly sharp. My own heart is with you as you navigate the challenges that each new day brings. And please know that we all join you here in loving memory of your dearest little girl, today and every day.

Marianne

Quote Originally Posted by gingerbread View Post
    but it is the " todays" that are hard to get through.
    I understand completely...
    Tomorrow Sept 26 is/would be, my little girls 15th birthday.

My heart seems to beat a little harder on these days, and I tend to go back thru those "goffy pics" and remember the moments behind them.

But underneath the tears is a smile, and a sense of thanks, because I can remember the happiness we shared.
    And the shared unconditional love... on BOTH sides
    In Loving Memory - Gigi (2006-2018)
    - Had a great quality of life as a "Cushings Dog"
    - And passed non Cushings related...

Lena loved Fall...she would watch the leaves blowing around, sit and watch me decorate the front yard, cuddle up under blankets in the gazebo. All these memories flood into me as I sit outside and think of her. I close my eyes and picture her and Doree strolling around the garden together, or buried under blankets watching the fire. I have a sweet picture of the two of them sitting side by side in front of the fireplace in my front room, the matriarch and the baby. Now Doree is the matriarch and Sibbie is the baby...strange. Lena would've been 20 last March, she's been gone almost six years and I still miss her every day...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Thank you all for so much understanding and love.
    It gives me more comfort than you know.
    I am thankful I can come here and share knowing I will never be judged, or just told to get over it, it's just a dog. Those comments cut me to the core, but I also know a lot of people do not understand the bond we have with our pups. Blessings to all.

33 weeks... my precious Ginger has been gone. I think at times we have more days in a row that we can look back at the happy times. We still have our moments, we always will... she is so missed... she loved long walks on fall days.. one day I will be able to walk those walks, but for now they stay reserved for memories.
    Hope you and yours are well.

17 years ago today, my( our) life changed forever!��❤.. you came into our lives a 5 month old precious tiny pup. So needy, so loving, so full of life. We celebrated 16 birthdays and 16 " welcome homes" with you! 15 Thanksgivings and Christmases! We are indeed grateful and thankful for every single day. You filled our lives with so much joy! It was so fulfilling to be so needed, so loved unconditionally. Miss you every single day Ginger...

Oh Colleen, out of all your anniversaries with Ginger, I can only imagine how especially poignant this “Gotcha” Day must feel to you. That moment of time when you came home bringing Ginger — it separates two huge eras of your life. And for sure, the days after were the sweet ones filled with love. I know how much you must be missing her, especially today.

Sending huge hugs your way,
    Marianne

Yes, we are more today!! Thank you for the comments and hugs. They are most needed. A lot of anxiety is hitting with this and knowing March 7th is right around the corner.
    Blessings to all... grieve as much and as long as you need. We are not cookie cutters. Everyone is different, everyone has a unique relationship with our babies. There is no right or wrong in grief, as long as our kindness and understanding remain for others.

All these anniversaries can be so tough. Not only their actual arrival but the simple knowledge they are coming can be devastating. I can promise you, tho....it does get easier with time. For me, the pain never leaves, it has become an integral part of me. But those pains no longer feel so heavy. Someone recently shared an article on grief that hit home with me (it may have been you who shared this!). It talked about how our grief never really grows any smaller with time, it is never less than it was....but over time we grow bigger around it so that the grief doesn't seem as big and heavy as it once was even tho it is the exact same size. WE are the ones who grew and learned to make that grief a part of us.

I know your precious Ginger is so very proud of her mom and dad.
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Leslie, thank you. I had not seen that article but I love it.
    Thank you for sharing it. I believe that to be true, our pain and grief never leave or become less. The part about us growing around it was a new way to look at it. That gives me a little more comfort. Thank you so very much.