Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 year old female beagle just diagnosed with Cushings - Ginger has passed

Default Re: 10 year old female beagle just diagnosed with Cushings

Awwwww, Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to you, Colleen, although I know the celebration had to be so bittersweet. My husband and I are still getting used to much quieter holiday celebrations, ourselves. We have no human children, so a lot of our holidays were always linked with our parents and older relatives who sadly have all passed on. The final loss for me was my 99-year-old mom who left us two years ago. She was cognitively as sharp as a tack right up to the end, so it was a joy to have her with us for all the holidays (she was in a seniors’ residence nearby). We had planned to branch out a bit with extended family after her death, but then COVID arrived, so you know the rest of that chapter…

Anyway, we’re so lucky that Luna is still with us, and that we’re able to celebrate the holidays, ourselves. But that doesn’t change the tug on the heartstrings and the wistful memories of wonderful days now behind us.

Continuing hugs and best wishes heading your way,
    Marianne

Happy birthday and anniversary from me too!

My first birthday after Lena died was my 60th...and I missed her every second of that day. I spent the day by myself, my husband was away at a seminar, Jess and Sigi came with the kids after dinner with cake, and I really just wanted to be by myself.

The firsts are so hard....
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

So sorry for the loss of your mom, and all the others.
    My mom just turned 91 in May.. she is struggling with dementia, as my daddy did prior to his death July 22, 2016. He was 91, they had just celebrated their 69th wedding anniversary..
    I too have no children. My husband has a grown son, but he out of state so Ginger was my only " child" and truly helped fill that void! We are trying to stay busy, or make ourselves be busy.. the desire isn't there.. we just ho the the motions.. but it is a start..
    Thank you for the birthday/ anniversary wishes!

I just turned 62.. you are so correct. The firsts have all been the hardest. My mind jumps ahead to Gingers upcoming birthday Sept. 1st. She would have been turning 17. I have to pull myself back and focus on today only as we are not promised tomorrow.
    Sending hugs your way. Thank you for the Birthday/Anniversary wishes!

As we head into our 19th week without our little girl, with much prayer and tears, we know we are coming along a little better. It is still hard every day, but it is not all day. It hits out of the blue, an almost sick feeling that she is not here physically anymore, but forever and always in us and with us. Oh to just hold her once again. To tell her how much we love her and to thank her for everyone of the years we had! She knows. We know she knows. We tell her everyday, but it would still be nice to hold her and tell. Hope this finds you all doing well!

I know...I still wake up on Friday's with that sick feeling that she died on a Friday five years ago. Sometimes I think that I haven't thought about her all day, and then realize that I have. Everything reminds me of her and I think about her automatically without realizing it. She will always be in my heart and my thoughts...she was my heart.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Yep.. that sick feeling is so strong, we are coming up on 21 weeks... some days are getting a little better, others still are very, very hard. So many irrational thoughts.. did she know what we were doing? Did she think she was a problem and we didn't want her anymore? How do you let go?? I know neither are true. but why is our mind so hurtful sometimes? My heart knows different... but the tears flow... Missing Ginger so, so much.

It's not that our minds are hurtful, just that we want to change the outcome.

I always wonder if she looked for me before they put her to sleep...did she hear me on the phone telling her how much I loved her? Was she waiting for me to come back? If I had been there would she have pulled through?

Still....

I saw a cloud formation today that looked just like her. I took a picture and showed it to my husband and he recognized her right away. I know she's still with me, she's my heart, she always will be.

I suppose you are right. Our minds are not hurtful. We do so want to change the outcome. More than anything!!
    Ging will always, always be with us. She, too was our soulmate, our heart!!
    That is so awesome about the cloud!! That has to be a very special picture!!
    Blessings to you all!

Good evening all. Hope this finds you enjoying your summer. The weather has been great for the garden..thankful for that.
    Beginning 22nd week without my Ginger. She is in, and a part, of everything I do, everywhere I go.
    This morning I caught a hint of her scent
    I thought I did.. my heart wanted to look for her, pick her up and just breath in all those wonderful smells!
    My mind knew different. I caught a tear on my cheek and let in dry on my finger... just for her...��
    Last edited by gingerbread; 08-10-2021 at 08:40 AM.