Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 year old female beagle just diagnosed with Cushings - Ginger has passed

Default Re: 10 year old female beagle just diagnosed with Cushings

62 weeks... hope all of you are doing well and enjoying the spring/summer weather. We had a rather warm week last week with highs near 90. Rain came in and cooled us off. We are a very pleasant high 70's. Got the garden in and that felt good. Tomato plants look good. I have radishes peeking through the soil and my zucchini is just barely cracking the surface. Mother's Day was hard, as I know it will be every year, but enjoyed the day with my mom. She has her 92nd birthday this Friday so another very welcomed and thankful celebration. I will always miss Ginger every single day... some days much more than others.. trying to hold on to the good times and wrap my heart and thoughts with her unconditional love!
    Happy Spring, almost Summer.
    Hugs to all. Blessings always, Colleen

Hello everyone and happy Sunday. Hope this finds everyone doing well.
    66 weeks today my little girl Ginger has been gone. Doesn't seem real.. I miss her everyday, everywhere I go..
    I talk to her daily, sometimes several times a day. She was my confidant, best friend, and baby. It's a bond nothing and no amount of time can break and for that I am truly, truly grateful. Have been doing better for the most part. There are times things are still a bit rocky, but healing takes time and everyone is different. I continue to help with mom, she turned 92 last month. The dementia is progressing. but that is expected.I also conrinue to do for our veterans and seniors when I can and the garden is looking wonderful. Just got my second harvest of radishes! Be blessed, be kind to yourself.. it's ok, not to be ok sometimes.
    Love, Colleen

Beaming plenty of love right back at you, Colleen! We so appreciate your updates, and surely understand that the mixture of good and bad days (heck, good and bad *moments*) may well persist for a long, long time. Even though it’s hard for me to believe it, it’s now been six years today since my husband and I last held our sweetie Peg in our arms. Six whole years, and yet in some ways I could swear it was only six months ago. I think grief has a way of collapsing time and flooding us with memories, probably forever. But along with the memories there remains a connection of love that I will always treasure and never regret. I hope that will be true for you, too.

And good job with helping your mom, and the other folks in your community. Dementia is such a cruel thief. I’m sure your help is a huge gift to her, and also all the others. And congrats on your garden! I have several outdoor pots of flowers and herbs that I’m tending, and so far they’ve done great. But we have a major heat wave moving in, so I’m sure I’ll need to be watering a lot more and maybe shifting things to more shaded areas as well. It’ll be worth it, though, to keep everything going. So I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again for checking back in with us, and continue to take good care of yourself!
    Marianne

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Hey Colleen,
    Always good to get your updates and that things may be getting easier and Yes it is ok not to be ok sometimes. I still talk to my little Mytilda and actually all of my doggies that have passed ---- I know they hear me and some of my friends think I am a nutter but I have it much better than them, at least I had the love and bond and life with very special doggies and they did not. You are busy. And wow, 92 years old! blessings to your Mom!!!
    Take care
    Terry

Good evening all. Hope this finds you and yours doing well! Have had a hot summer starting out. Got a few harvests of radishes, one zucchini is all so far. Some carrots. My tomatoes are plentiful but none have ripened yet. We have enjoyed green fried tomato BLT's though. If. you haven't ever tried them. Please do!
    Have been doing alright emotionally for the most part. Was sick for about a month. Thought a lot about Ginger as she always laid by me when I was sick.
    But am much better and am doing my best to enjoy the good times. I always talk to her. I always will and I will forever miss her, but I am thankful for each day we had.
    Have a great week. Blessings, Colleen

Greetings to you, too, Colleen! Yep, fried green tomatoes in any form can sure be yummy :-))). I had not really had them before we moved to Georgia, but they tend to be a regular offering on vegetable plates here in the south, and I do enjoy them especially during the heart of the summer.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick, but so glad that's behind you now. I sure understand how much of a comfort Ginger always was in the past, and how much you continue to miss her. I know that part will never change and that you'll always miss her. But as you say, your memories will never leave you nor will your love for your girl.

Stay healthy and I hope you'll have some more tasty summer veggies on your plate before long!
    Marianne

Good morning. Hope everyone is doing well. This past Thursday, September 1st. My sweet girl Ginger would have been 18! It was her 2nd Heavenly Birthday and as hard as it was, we celebrated her with a small cupcake like I always bought her, or made for her. It was bittersweet knowing she wasn't here to enjoy one with us ( sometimes it brings the guilt out), and yet we wanted and needed to Honor her.... I am so glad she is no longer hurting, but I still miss her every day and still long to change the outcome. I guess that is normal and will always be.
    Enjoy your weekend. Blessings to all, Colleen

So good to see you, Colleen, and I’m so glad you guys shared that cupcake with Spirit Ginger! It’s so sweet to honor her special day — and all your special memories — in this way.

Can you believe September is already here? Seems like it was just yesterday that we were talking about summer vegetables, and now they’re already stocking our store with Halloween candy. I really can’t believe it. But I do love the autumn, and I remember from your sweet photos from last year how much Ginger loved it, too. Best wishes to you, my friend, as you continue to honor all the special days in your little girl’s life.

Hugs, Marianne

Thank you so much for remembering how much Ginger loved fall and rustling through the leaves and the crisp air to take a walk. Yesterday Sunday, marked 81 weeks... still so hard to believe. Sometimes it seems like it was only last week, other times it seems much longer... She was just the sweetest little girl, so loving, so funny, so trusting, such a needy baby and I cherish all of it and miss all of it also. Every day I miss it and miss her. I will forever.
    I tell her so every day...
    Hope this finds you all doing well..
    Yes, it is hard to believe it is almost October.. I have a few more green tomatoes on the vine. Picked 4 ripe ones Friday. I dont know if the rest will ripen but if not, I will pick them and fry them up!
    Blessings always, Colleen

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Blessing to you too Colleen and spirit Ginger.
    Terry