Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 year old female beagle just diagnosed with Cushings - Ginger has passed

Default Re: 10 year old female beagle just diagnosed with Cushings

Dear Colleen,

I just wanted to tell you that Ginger's memorial photo link is all finished now. Both of those are wonderful images of your precious girl. Know that we are thinking of you, and holding Ginger safely in all our hearts. Here is link to her pictures: https://www.k9cushings.com/forum/alb...achmentid=8650

Hugs, Lori

Thank you so very much!

You're quite welcome! (((HUGS))) ♥♥♥

How can an 18 pound, 13" 4 legged steal 100% of my heart!!

For me, I think it’s because the devotion of my pups is so pure and so unconditional. Every human relationship in my life — no matter how loving — has always been complicated. My relationship with my furbabies has always been so simple. It is pure love. They are the ones who have been beside me, always. For all the good times, and for all the bad. They are the ones who have comforted me in my grief in losing human family members. They are the ones who give me pure joy during good times and pure comfort during the hard times. When I lost my Cushpup, Barkis, I grieved harder for him than for any other person or thing in my life. There was no solace to be found because *he* was no longer here to help me as he had so many times during our lives together. I felt so alone, and so unbearably sad.

Colleen, I’m so deeply sorry for your loss of sweet Ginger. I am guessing there are no words that can help ease your pain right now. But please know that your family here is standing alongside you. We’ll do our very best to hold you up with our warmest wishes sent to you from across the miles. We truly understand how much Ginger has meant to you, and how much her life and spirit will always matter. We will always join you in honoring her, and she will remain in our loving memory forever.

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs -~
    Marianne

Yes! You are correct! Unconditional love! 100%
    That is the same with Ginger. She has been with us through all the good times and bad. She was right there for me when my dad passed away in July 2016. She laid on my bed with me while I cried my eyes out. We got her when she was 5 months old from our Amish friends in Jamesport, MO. She has only known us as mom and dad. She stayed a baby her whole life.. never got independent. I was not able to have children so Ginger was the closest thing to it for me. Someone that needed me, relied on me, some one who could fix everything that was wrong. Fed her, bathed her, held her, gave her her medication, cleaned her ears, did her nails. Some she didn't like, but afterwards felt better. The last almost 7 years she was with one of us, if not both. She went where we went. If she couldn't, then either we didn't, or just one of us would go. She slept with me every night her entire life.
    Stealing covers or my warm spot.
    She was a brave little girl, yet so dependent. She was smart, funny, happy..
    She is in everything and will remain so.

I'm not quite sure how they steal every bit of your heart but they do. And what's even more amazing is that once they steal it all the heart becomes even bigger. It's a paradox, it's magic. There were other dogs before Squirt and I loved each of them fully and still miss them as well. But Squirt was my heart-n-soul dog, the first one and the strongest one, and I didn't know if I could survive losing her much less love another completely. But I have. Both survived and found my heart had grown enough that others made a space of their own there. Some also became heart-n-soul dogs leaving behind their own empty space while enlarging my heart. I don't know how they do it. Squirt was the one who taught me how to truly love, to give myself completely. I think a large part of it is what Marianne said - the relationships were so simple and uncomplicated. Just an exchange of trust and love, unconditional, uncomplicated. For so long I couldn't imagine a world without Squirt, it just wasn't a thought that ever entered my mind until her latter years and then when it would come, that thought was unfathomable. Some part of me really believed she would live as long as I did I think. A part of me just couldn't accept anything else. But we do survive. Broken, yes but like those Japanese vessels repaired with gold stronger for it. Maybe that's what makes the stolen heart larger.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

What a precious, lucky little girl Ginger was to have lived and loved in your care! And I think that when our babies have suffered from health problems that require so much of our attention, the absence of all our routines when they leave us feels like a giant, silent black hole. No need to check the clock for medication dosing, no need to prepare the special meals, no need to monitor ears and eyes and legs and hips, and yes — even poop. I am very, very ashamed to admit that there were a few moments when the healthcare felt like a burden to me during the times when I was especially tired or worried. But mostly it felt like an awesome responsibility. And the day it ended, I was cast adrift and wished to have every single moment back again, no matter how tiring. I never dreamed how empty my day would feel when all those routines ended. And I would have given anything to have them back along with my baby.

What Leslie has written feels so wise and so true, though. My Barkis was my first baby (I have no human children, either). I didn’t know my heart could hurt so much when he died. But as broken as I felt when he left, my Peg and my Luna who came afterwards have filled my heart with such love, as well. Each has been such a gift. And that, I guess, is why it is so devastating whenever the time comes to bid them farewell from this world that we inhabit now. My dearest hope is that when the time comes, we shall truly be reunited once again and forever.

Marianne

So sorry for your loss. I was following your thread when I found this forum to learn about Ginger's journey with Cushings but also because I had beagles in my family my entire life until Jet (my current dog). We love beagles! I know there is nothing any of us can say to make you feel better, but I do send positive thoughts and wishes you can find some peace.
    Hugs,
    Jennifer

Thank you all.. I appreciate all of the support and hugs and good wishes. Yesterday we got to bring our little girl back home. It was so very hard, yet peaceful knowing she is back here. I did cry today. I came close, the loneliness some5is overwhelming.. doing our best to focus on the the positives and joy she brought every day.