Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recipes (for people)

Default Re: Recipes (for people)

So, I made the bread bowl broccoli / cheddar soup yesterday.
    The soup came out very tasty and even my husband liked it. Next time tho I will add some potatoes as I think any creamy chowder type soup just taste better potatoes in them. The only thing, I got to get a food processor. It was quite dangerous and tedious using a hand box grater to grate all the cheese.
    Well, the bread bowls... I followed the exact recipe and somehow the dough came out too wet. Added quite a bit of flour afterwards and still wet. When they came out of the oven there were three men's berets sitting in front of me. So don't dump the whole water all at once like I did. Try a little less water first and check the consistency.
    I still cut the center part out and poured the soup in it. It was good!
    One of the reviewers recommended using Cabot sharp cheddar cheese and I used yellow/white 50/50 but I think I will go 100% yellow for a better visual effect next time.
    The bread making part was really not that hard and you will even have fun with these recipes.

This is one of my daughter's recipes - I had thought it lost and gone forever but found it this morning.

Gia's Chicken Tortillas

Large flour tortillas

Chicken - cooked and chopped fine

1-2 cans artichoke hearts, chopped (depending on your taste; I like 2 cans myself)

1-2 cups Parmesan Cheese

3-4 garlic cloves, chopped very fine

Mayo (REAL mayonnaise, not salad dressing like Miracle Whip)

one medium block sharp cheddar cheese, grated (or one large package pre-grated)

one medium block Monterey Jack cheese, grated (or one large package pre-grated)

Mix Parmesan cheese, chicken, garlic, artichoke hearts well. Add Mayo until smooth and creamy. Cover 1/2 of tortilla with chicken mix, top with cheddar and Jack cheese, and roll the tortilla.

Bake at 350 for 5-10 minutes - until cheeses melt.

Serve and ENJOY!

(BTW, this makes an interesting dip and cracker spread as well. Serve the chicken mix with the cheddar and jack included.)
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

This looks Sooooo yummy. I plan on giving them a try this weekend. I can barely stand the wait. LOL

Sharlene and molly muffin (who will get some of the chicken before the rest is mixed in)
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

This is my "go to" pasta recipe. You can dress it up so many different ways, but the basics is simple and the same. Make it in 15 minutes easy.

Cook pasta, I like spaghettitini but you can use whatever you like. Drain.

Dump into a large pasta bowl, drizzle with olive oil and garlic and romano cheese. I like the flavor of romano better than parmesan for this.

you can add in or on the side, shrimp, chicken, or italian sausage, or other type of meat. (I've even torn up tiny bite size pieces of prosciutto).

Tonight I made it with veggies, sauteed, red pepers, grape tomatoes, squash and spinach.

I started with a pesto sauce tonight and added in the olive oil, garlic and tons of romano cheese. New taste, and yummy. Also can throw in some roasted pine nuts. It all works.

You can make this as a simple 2 person meal, or you can turn it into a real spread, by doing meats on the side, some cheeses, garlic bread or bruschetta bread, grapes. Finish off with a simple sorbet after a big meal.

Serve with wine of choice.
    Last edited by molly muffin; 03-07-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Pork Balls

400-500g pork mince
    2 slices bread toasted and then crumbed
    1 clove garlic crushed
    2 spring onions thinly sliced
    1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
    3 tbsp peanut butter
    1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce

Oven to 210 C

Mix all ingredients together, shape into ping pong size balls and bake 20 mins. Makes about 25.

Can add to it, I actually put in a wee bit of extra chilli, plus last night I added a few spoonfuls of a satay sauce from a can. They were delish!! But check whoever is eating them is not allergic to peanuts!!! Had a bit of a close call with allergic reaction. Do watch them as the sugar in the sweet chilli can burn. Make sure you bake them on baking paper so you can just wrap it up at the end and you don't have to scrub the pans.
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Taco Casserole
    1 7 ounce bag (I used more,) bag of nachos or Doritos
    1 1/2 lbs ground meat
    About 6 green onions chopped including the greens
    1 pack of Taco Seasoning
    1 8 ounce package of shredded cheddar
    1 8 ounce package of shredded mozzarella
    about 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
    about 1 cup of diced fresh tomatoes

Spray a 9x13 pan and hand crush the nachos or Doritos and put in pan. Cook the meat in a skillet and put the taco seasoning in and onions. When done drain and add to nachos and stir in. Stir in 2/3 of both cheeses and mix around. Add lettuce to the top, tomato on top of that and the remaining cheese leftover on the very top bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes- cheese on top should be melted.
    Serve with taco sauce, sour cream, over top of your serving use what you like black olives sliced etc.
    If this is for two people cut in half as it is not good heated up the chips get soggy.
    Also the lettuce and tomatoes do not cook so they are fine as I wondered about that.
    This is so much better than fighting with tacos , and tastier.
    I know they do not put mozzarella cheese in regular Tacos, but this holds the mixture together so you can serve it and it is good in it.
    I used Doritos as I think they really added flavor to it.
    Last edited by goldengirl88; 06-12-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

Warm Crack Dip
    serves 10-12

Ingredients:
    8oz cream cheese, softened
    1 (1oz) package Ranch dressing mix
    1 (3oz) bag bacon bits (Oscar Meyer)
    2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    16 oz sour cream

Preheat oven to 400.

In bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Transfer to 2-quart baking dish; cover.

Bake dip 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hi everyone,

Summer's coming soon, how about strawberry shortcake?
    Tried this recipe today with family and it was a big hit and I thought I should share. Pretty easy and delicious! Enjoy.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/n...e-recipe3.html

OMG, Song, that recipe looks so scrumptious!!! Gonna have to make it, thanks so much for sharing it.

You won't be disappointed. Just follow the recipe exactly what it says.