I have a recipe that will make your cooking experience much more enjoyable and if your first try at the recipes in prior posts don't work out too well, no matter....you won't care as much if you make this recipe first and sip it while you make your masterpiece.

Applebee's Perfect Margarita (I got the recipe from the bartender and it is perfect!)

In addition to the essential liquids, you'll need a cocktail shaker, lime wedge for garnish, olives, martini glasses and margarita salt.

1/2 oz Cointreau

1/2 oz Grand Marnier

1 1/4 oz Cuervo 1800 Tequila

4 oz Sweet and Sour mix (you can buy this at the grocery store or liquor store)

1 oz Simple Syrup (this is just one part sugar to one part water. Boil the water and add sugar until dissolved. I make up a bunch and store it in the reefer for future use.)

1 1/4 oz fresh lime juice

Add above ingredients to shaker, add ice, shake well and strain into a martini glass with or without salt on the rim, garnish with a lime wedge, drop in an olive and you are ready for the smoothest margarita you've ever tasted. My mouth is watering typing this.

Tip: Put your alcohol in the freezer and the other liquids in the reefer several hours before you make these so that they are good and cold. This also keeps the ice melt to a minimum so as to not water down your drink.

P.S. You can make this with your choice of tequila and it will be perfect for you.