Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Beloved Zoe

Default Re: Beloved Zoe

Daddy and I watched figure skating the other night. A skater performed to a song from Phantom of the Opera.

"Wishing you were somehow here again". Darling I can not stop the phrase from playing in my head and I cry and cry because soon it will be time to remember your decline and I am trying so hard to remember you as you were most of your life, so large and enjoying every minute to the fullest, no matter what.

My precious Zoe, wishing you were somehow here again, wishing you were here with me. Since it cannot be, wait for me around the bend, play and frolic until we meet and journey on.

She is but away until we can meet again.

Love you bunches

mom
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Beautifully said.
    Sonja,Apollo and Ariel

So sweet!!!
    Cosmo's mom.

Hi Addy-

I am still experiencing the losses of Peaches and Palmer. Palmer is 3+ years ago and Peaches is probably 18 or so years ago.

In my work room, I have two picture collages. One is of Peaches...I put it together after we lost her. I had enough holes almost to do one picture for each of her years. The other collage Ryan made for me...of Palmer. There are only 10 spaces on that one, but the pictures Ryan selected are so typical of Palmer. There are even two pictures of him with his huge yellow duck with the orange beek. Last night I had trouble going to sleep. I had some of the restless leg issue. At one point I was considering coming up and getting Palmer's duck. I went to bed with it for so long after he left.

They burrow deep into our hearts into the most remote corners. While I miss them still so much, I find it's unusual for the "bad" memories/moments to come to mind. There are several happy pictures with both dogs which seem to be etched into my mind. It's almost like getting a chance to visit with them again. I am so grateful for having had their experiences, for having them in my life, for their love for me and mine for them. At times my dogs made my life bearable. And it continues now with Bailey. I wish she had straight hair, as the other two did, I wish she had all of her tail, as she was supposed to, I wish she didn't bark so much at such a high pitch. Then she comes up to me and gently paws my arm two or three times. She looks at me with those soulful eyes and with that tiny little tail wagging. She melts my heart. She knows how to get to me so I will pick her up for another while.

We are so very blessed.

Love,
    Sus
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
    -C. S. Lewis

so very sorry for your heartbreak addy .... the hardest part of loving our furbabies... xoxox patty(milo)meka

Thank you all. With all the stress in my life, my darling Zoe always made me laugh because she was so engaging. That bright light of hers lit up my life in a way no one else could. I truly miss that, I miss laughing and I miss at times the overwhelming sense of love for her which warmed my soul.

I will forever be grateful to Zoe for sharing my life and teaching me so much.

And I will forever love her and miss her.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

Thinking of you and our darling Zoe.

Me too, think of her and let her memories warm your soul again, hugs!
    Cosmo's mom.

Thinking of you and sweet Zoe.
    Hugs Sonja

Thank you for thinking of us. I am still sick with this unrelenting cough. Asthma drugs made me sicker

Makes it hard.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko