Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweet Pansy has crossed The Bridge - 8.5 y/o boxer (Pituitary macroadenoma)

Default Re: Pansy, 8.5yo boxer with Cushings/lignans dosage

Definitely looks like CC to me, but it can be hard to tell.
    Reneé
    Mom to Tobey, Ichiro & Skeeter. Foster mom for Polar Pug Rescue

“Animals have done us no harm and they have no power of resistance…there is something so very dreadful…in tormenting those who have never harmed us, who cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power.”—Cardinal John Henry Newman

Reneé, having the tests emailed is a great idea - I always know where to find my email.

Blech is right, our poor girls. I'm prayn that it doesn't get any worse then it is. At least Feb. Is a short month so the 10th will come sooner rather then later.

Dawn an Butters
    "A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself"
    -Josh Billings

I know what you mean about the lip smacking. Some others on here have commented on their dogs doing that. They thought maybe it was neurological?? Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

The wait must be killing ya, 11 more days, ugh. Hows she doin?
    "A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself"
    -Josh Billings

Dawn, thanks for checking in. The wait feels interminable. Managing Pansy's bladder needs is more complicated with the rain (can't leave the back door open). Several friends of mine have lost their pets in the last week and it has me down in the dumps. Poor Pansy is uncomfortable and trying to scratch her back and sides on every available surface.

I'm preparing for our appointment at Davis by collecting all the vet records, keeping a set for myself, and practicing NOT telling the vet what I already know - I want the diagnostics to start from zero with no bias from me other than a list of symptoms and history of veterinary events.

I think that is a good plan. Just see what they say and take it from there.

You can always step in and ask questions if something is unclear or questionable in your mind.
    That is what having knowledge is all about so that when the time comes, you can be a partner in your vet to do the best possible and make the best decisions for Pansy.

Sharlene and Molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

A friend of mine is coming along to our appointment at Davis to be an extra set of ears (she's a vet tech) and to check me if I try to lead the vets toward the conclusions I think they should reach (secret YOU ARE BEING BOSSY LET THE VETS DO THEIR JOB signal: dropped keys)

It's depressing revisiting the details of all the problems my poor pooch had since 2012 that have brought us here.

Oh that is great that your friend can come along. Funny about the drop keys.

It's good to revisit if it will give you the answers you need though. I am hoping that this visit will do that.

hugs
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Just stopping in to say hi. You are lucky you have a friend that is a vet tech. I just read your story and have a few random comments.

Lucy's first two vets…I didn't feel very comfortable questioning (or correcting ) them. Fortunately now with vet number three, we have a great fit and I can discuss things with her. I hope you get lucky that way too.
    Also I can relate to the money consideration. When my dog had a seizure just 5 minutes after we left the vet office …. my husband said " We need to take her back to the office!" and I thought "How much more is that gonna cost?" So I calmly said " Lets just observe her for a few minutes…." It worked out OK….. I called them when I got home.
    But mostly I just wanted to comment on Pansy's skin. Her CC looks very much like Lucy's did. Lucy had a shaved area on her wrist from an IV that the hair never grew back until we got her cortisol level down.
    I hope better days are right around the corner for Pansy!
    Shelly and Lucy
    Lucy: 11 y.o. Boston, 17lbs. Diagnosed 10/2012, on Vetoryl 30 mg until 8/2013, then increased to Trilo 40mg , off all meds 10/2013. Jan 2014: On Lysodren 125mg 3 x week (15 day induction). March 2014 Lysodren 625mg/week