Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Apollo,missing you,1 year, 5 months

Default Re: Apollo,missing you,1 year, 5 months

I've still got both tasha and tipsy original medical records. They passed many many years ago. Every time I think I really need to get rid of these, I just can't do it. Maybe this year I'll be able to. We'll see. I am not overly worried about it, I don't look through them or anything, they are just there. Weird eh.

So don't sweat it, old paperwork is small stuff, life is the big stuff, how you live and get through the days, the joy of Ariel, those are more important that whats in the cupboard box.

hugs Sonja
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I think sometimes we are pushed too much to move on from the loss of a beloved fur baby. In my opinion, the problem isn't with the people that are grieving. It is with the people who are pushing. There is no rush. No timetable. Do as much as you feel comfortable with and let the rest go for now. That's what I do.

I have tommy and tammys ashes in a spare bedroom with their favourite blanket and tommy has his rabbit - the only toy he played with the last 6 years of his life. I have their records and other bits and pieces that I also don't look at but will never get rid of. I miss both of them every day but boy am I glad they were with me for 14 and 12 years. Two amazing little creatures... Everyone grieves in their own way and there is no wrong or right way and no time limits

Dear Sharlene,Robert,Kathy,thank you for sharing with me. Like you all said,I was pleased to have my boy for 14 years. I will always miss him and the grief just pops up every once and awhile. I have a lot of Apollo's things. I kept trying to throw away an old worsen out bed,but I just can't. My husband is very supportive and says don't do it if you can't. The imprint this fur ball has on me is deep.
    Love you all
    Sonja,Apollo, little Ariel.
    This forum has helped,supported me,kept me from falling apart so many times.

My sweet Apollo. Today your baby sister, Karma died,at 1p.m. in Daddy's arms. She was 16 years old. She was the last hold we had on you. You both grew up together. Take good care of her. Daddy and I are heartbroken.
    Love Mommy

They are already together dear Sonja. Apollo knew that Karma was on her way and was waiting at the gate with the others to welcome her.

Fly free sweet Karma, fly free!

I am so sorry for you loss. Surrounding you and hubby with much love and tight hugs.

Kathy

Oh Sonja. I am so sorry. I know you are heart broken. . My sincerest condolences on your loss.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Oh Sonja, I am so sorry, too. My heart aches for you doubly -- for losing precious Karma and also for losing that last connection with Apollo. I do believe I understand, at least a little bit. I know that when my sweet Peg goes to Rainbow Bridge, I will feel as though a final connection with Barkis will be lost to me, as well. So the pain will cut twice as deeply and be just that much harder to bear.

I hope it may give you some comfort to know that Karma is now honored on our special memorial thread here, too. She has been a part of our family all these years, alongside Apollo and alongside you. So for sure, she is an honorary Cushpup, too . Also, it will be our privilege to add a photo link to her name. You can just let me know about that whenever your wish.

I know this first new day without Karma will be especially hard. Please know that your family here is grieving right alongside you.

I send you so many hugs across the miles, Sonja. I so wish that I could do more.
    Marianne

So sorry for your loss. Karma and Apollo are now reunited and pain free....

Sonja, I am so sorry to hear about Karma. I know she and Apollo are running together in the Rainbow Fields, happy to be together again. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your hubby in the weeks ahead.

Hugs,
    Leslie

FRIEND

I lost a treasured friend today
    The little dog who used to lay
    Her gentle head upon my knee
    And shared her silent thoughts with me.

She’ll come no longer to my call
    Retrieve no more her favourite ball
    A voice far greater than my own
    Has called her to his golden throne.

Although my eyes are filled with tears
    I am thankful for the happy years
    She spent down here with me
    And for her love and loyalty.

When it is time for me to go
    And join her there, this much I know
    I shall not fear the transient dark
    For she will greet me with a bark.

~Author Unknown

"May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.