Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking Dexter to the beach

Default Re: Taking Dexter to the beach

Dear Christy,

I'm guessing that the 9th may bring some tears, but I am hoping that it will also be filled with loving memories from the past and also that it will bring a sense of peace to your heart as you look towards the future. Never to be forgotten, and always to be honored -- now Dexter and Sophie's lives on earth will have come full circle. You have already freed their spirits, and now you will be freeing their bodies as well.

Take good care of yourself, Christy, and I'll be thinking of you three all together at the beach, and of the love that you will always share.

Many (((hugs))),
    Marianne

Christy,

My eyes were full of tears reading your post....I can't believe it has been a year. I know for me with Scoobie it feels like 10 years and we haven't hit one....I guess it is bc we miss them so much.

I think it is lovely that you are taking them to the beach where they loved to be!!! What a wonderful thing to do!

Know that you will be surrounded by your Cush family on the 9th and that we wish you a peaceful, loving moment as you pay tribute to Dexter and Sophie....

Peace to you, Beth, Bailey and always Scoobie
    Basset hounds are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

Oh Christy,

I will be thinking about you. It sounds like a lovely idea, especially since he loved the beach. Which beach are you going to?
    I have Lucy's ashes and haven't yet decided what to do with them. I think I will eventually let her go on the Rapppahanock River as it was her most favorite place in the world. She is in the river in my avatar.

Go with the gentle breezes sweet Dexter and Sophie. I will feel your spirit way down here in Virginia!

Lyn

Aw Dexter, you noble, noble boy and Sophie, you sweet girl. Keep watching over your Mom and comfort her. I know you will both enjoy the beach that you loved so much. Make sure that Christy knows that you are doing great and that you never take your eyes off of your loving Mom.

Ken

Hi Christy,

Thinking of you, Dexter and Sophie today. Sending special hugs to you.

Luv,
    Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09

Dear Christy,

Our thoughts are with you today' wishing you a beautiful day no matter the weather. Dexter and Sophie are with you, sharing this special memorial, showering you with love, gratitude, and peace.

Hugs and love from us,
    Leslie, Squirt, Ruby, Goldie and Crystal
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Christy,

How did it go? Every time a gentle breeze touches your cheeks it's a love lick from Dexter and Sophie.

Lyn
    Lyn and Lucy (aka Boston Retriever 1/97-1/09)

What a sweet memorial you had for your special Dexter & Sophie. I can't believe it's been already a year. Christy we often think about you and at night we whisper to Dexter & Sophie to keep watching over you.
    Marcela & The Choco Labs
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thank you to everyone for your loving thoughts. I guess I'm just not ready to let go yet. The 9th came and went and I did not leave their ashes. The time just wasn't right for me to leave them. They are still with me on my bedside stand. They may just stay with me a while.

Thank you again,
    Christy

Christy,

I had to smile just a little while reading your post. I know exactly how you feel about not being ready to let go. I haven't been able to let go of my Lucy either. She is on top of a bookcase with her collar around the little box and all the cards we received beside them. It is comforting to me to see them there. You just have to do what feels right for you. Dexter and Sophie loved and trusted you in their earth life, they will love and trust you now.

Lyn
    Last edited by lleigh; 06-23-2009 at 09:31 AM.
    Lyn and Lucy (aka Boston Retriever 1/97-1/09)