Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My baby girl Elliott

Default Re: My baby girl Elliott

I think that sounds sweet…arranging her bed with her toys on it. If it brings you peace when you look at it and not pain, then that's good. You can let them go when you're ready. Its odd to think that physical things remain after our loved ones are gone. My thing is scrapbooking….I get comfort from making the pictures and pages beautiful and reliving the memories. We humans are into rituals…dogs are more into the here and now. (well, at least thats what I think)

I've often wondered how she came to be called Elliott?
    Shelly
    Lucy: 11 y.o. Boston, 17lbs. Diagnosed 10/2012, on Vetoryl 30 mg until 8/2013, then increased to Trilo 40mg , off all meds 10/2013. Jan 2014: On Lysodren 125mg 3 x week (15 day induction). March 2014 Lysodren 625mg/week

Her name comes from two places--half from the cutest ever 3 year old boy I used to know (he's probably in college now, haha) and half from the female doctor Elliott Reed on the TV show Scrubs. In the end, I just loved the name, and it always sounded melodic to me. And for some reason it had to have two T's on the end. I so appreciated that her paw prints from the pet cremation place, and all of her paperwork from there, spelled her name right. Kind of weird to have a girl dog named Elliott, but the name was just *her.*
    Jen (the human) and Elliott (the Boston)

Hey there baby dog. I've been doing better I think the last few days. Your mama got prescribed some new crazy pills I hope they work. I think maybe they are. Today I had been doing pretty well, and then I came home and looked on petfinder, and thought about you and started crying today. Today was going to be the first day since you died that I didn't cry at all. So much for that

I don't understand all my feelings about getting another dog. Sometimes I think I would like to get another dog. Then I feel so guilty. No one could take your place, ever ever ever. I really feel like I could never find a dog as fun and crazy as you. If we ever did get another dog, I know that it would have to be a big dog and male, not small and a girl like you so . I don't know. I know that right now isn't the time. And I know that the pain I've gone through with you being sick, and everything that followed, has been agony. I never, never want to go through all of this again.

When you see a dog and think, this dog needs a home, they need a home with me. When you can look at them and feel okay, whether it is because You need them or they need you, whichever, however, it happens, when you feel okay about it. Then it is time. For some, it is very soon after losing their furbaby for others it can be much longer. Don't rush it. Look at petfinder by all means if you want to, but don't put pressure on yourself to feel any given way. It's too much.

Elliott would want you to be a happy person, more than anything in the world, that is what made her world go round. You, Happy you. If you were worried, she would worry, if you are sad, they will worry about you, dogs are amazing creatures with special bonds with their humans. So she wants to you be happy, if that happens, whatever the reason or the cause, then her tail would be wagging. (every little inch of it. LOL)

Don't pressure yourself too much. If you feel a cry coming on, go for it, if this day you remember and smile, that is fine too. Even better. Just --- no pressure. Elliott rules. (I love her name by the way)

super big hugs
    Sharlene
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Elliott's tail would sometimes wiggle a bit--it always looked weird when it did. Basically a tiny pig curliecue tail, like a typical Boston, haha.

Hi honey, today I was in the car eating a messy crunchy granola bar, and I was getting crumbs everywhere of course, and I thought, Elliott will clean this up for me. Funny how those thoughts just come to me naturally. Now who's going to clean up my food messes in the car? haha

Hey stinky. The weather is beautiful today. It's the first really nice evening, esp. with the extra hour of daylight. I thought I'd go in the backyard and clean up some leaves and twigs. I found a couple sticks that I'm sure I threw for you. It would be the perfect night for you to be outside with me, driving me crazy while begging me to throw a stick. You would have been "helping" me by trying to get the sticks I miss you so much tonight. I thought I might have wanted to go for a walk but I'm sure I would have seen a lot of people walking their dogs, and that would have been very painful. Yesterday I saw some footage on TV taken at the dog park, and that hurt a little too. I would have taken you yesterday; you would have loved it. Mama loves you. It wasn't right for you to go so soon. For you to have so many things happen to your little body before you even turned 10. But I know you packed so much living into your 9 years. We had a lot of fun together. I tried my best to take care of you the best I could, and I hope you knew that. I think you did.

Hi heeno. It's another nice day. Seems like every nice day, my first thought is, it's the perfect day to take E for a walk or to the dog park. I still get these moments where it just seems UNREAL that you're gone. I think about what it would be like if you just suddenly ran in the room. I would cry with joy. I know that today you're at peace. You're free. I don't have to worry about you anymore, because you're fine now. Thinking about that helps me. Mama just misses you so much.

Hey baby dog, I just watched a video of a boxer scratching her back on the grass by laying on her back and wiggling around ... kinda hard to explain with words, but that's exactly what you would do Usually when I got home from work, you'd do that on the carpet. And then you'd all of a sudden flip up like, You didn't see that, did you?

Hi heeno. These nice days are hard because I wish I could be taking you outside to enjoy the weather. I miss you today. Well, of course. I miss you every day. Just running into some specific things today that are stressing me out and I wish you were here with me. Two months ago yesterday we put you to sleep. Every day since has been hard. I am beyond angry at God for taking you so soon. It's not fair. This isn't something I can just get over. It's going to take time for me to work through it.

Mama loves you and misses you.