Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody

Default Re: Woody

Hi baby boy

Its been 2 months since you left for the bridge, sometimes it feels like 2 years and others it feels like 2 minutes. I replay that day so many times in my mind, thinking about what I could have done better or differently, but luck wasn,t on our side and you had to leave. I,m sorry you had to have that surgery, I feel guilty about that every day, but I thought it was the way to go at the time, I hope you can forgive me. I get angry that your not here and that you had to have that disease, but it was typical of you to have something so rare that they couldn,t help you. I know you would have stayed with me if you could I know you tried so very hard to fight and you did for a time, but it got too much didn,t it. I miss you wee man and I,ll never stop thinking or loving you.

Till we meet again

xx
    Now causing mayhem and havoc at the bridge

Hello little one

It's mums birthday today, another first without you, there seems to be a lot of first that I have to face alone.

The weather is shocking and I bet your glad that you don't have to go walking in it, you hated getting wet, you would pop your head out the door see it was raining and run back inside it was funny. I hope your doing fine little one.

Xx

My dearest Woody

Phew there has been a lot going on this week, mum hasn,t been well and has been off work, but I feel much better today, so went back to work. Rachel moved this weekend into her own home, the first thing she put up was your picture, we were both sad that you weren't there, you would love her place, it has a long hallway like mums ideal for playing with your ball. I,ve felt very sad this weekend and have been missing you more than anything. I,ve cried a lot mostly over you not being here and because Rachel is all grown up now and I feel like she doesn,t need me anymore, she has been with us most weekends for the last 18 years, I can only imagine how her mum feels, she looked so scared when I left her yesterday, so could you watch over her for me please little one.

I came home from work today and I have received a card from Emma, you remember Emma our locum vet, off course you remember her, you always flirted with her, she had such a way with you, you never stressed when she was treating you. Anyway she has been off work sick with a broken leg and has just returned and found out you havee left, shall I read you the card, you will like it. On the front is a picture of a woodland with bluebell flowers running through it, and if I look hard enough I can see you running through them like you used to do here. Are you listening:

Dearest Tracy

I wanted to write and say how sad I was to hear that you lost your beloved companion, Woody. He was one of my favourite patients - a true gentleman, with a bold streak and (I suspect) a great sense of humour! I know how much he meant to you and I have no doubt that the affection was mutual.

You took care of him so well and it was an absolute pleasure to have him as a patient. Thinking of you, with best wishes. Emma xx

See you could always charm the ladies, I thought it was sweet of her to write to us. Its almost 3 months since you left, no time at all really but it feels like forever to me. I miss you little one, you were the light of my life. xx

Hello little one

Been a couple of weeks since I wrote to you, but as I talk to you all day everyday then its ok. I am feeling better and not so sad, I think of you everyday, but some days I remember the crazy little dog that bounced through my door that day, the wall of death you did round the furniture, then the look on your face when you saw the toys it was priceless, and now I can smile when I remember that. You were my bundle of fun, keeping me on my toes on a daily basis, and making me think outside the box. Someone asked me the other day what I missed most about you, and although I miss all of it, it got me thinking and I miss the noise the most, the noise of you running around, the noise of your back chat and mostly the squeaky noise of you playing with your toys, thought I,d never say that as I spent most of the time trying to get you not to squeak them ha ha funny how things change. What I would do to hear you squeak your toys just once more I watch your videos all the time and I laugh and cry at the same time, but I,m so glad that I have them.

The rabbits are running a mock in the garden over the last few weeks digging holes and have eaten the tree at the bottom of the garden, that's because your not there to chase them away for me, so I will need to spend some time sorting out the garden when the weather is better.

Miss and love you always xx

Hey gorgeous

How you doing, I am hoping that you are still having fun and causing mayhem in your new special place.

I have Mac staying but last night he gave me a fright. You always slept under my bed with your head right under mine, and in the dark and silence I could hear you breathing a sound that I fell asleep listening to many a night. During the night last night I woke up to that exact noise, I could hear you breathing under the bed it took me a few minutes to realise that infact Mac had crawled under the bed and was sleeping in the exact spot that you always did, he has never slept there. My heart sank as for those few minutes I thought it was you. I think you have been telling him all the good places to sleep.

Love and miss you always wee man xx

Hello little one

Mac has gone home and the house is quiet once again. I don't mind I'm getting used to it. The sun has been out the last couple of days you liked the sun you would follow it around the room to lye in it. You've been gone 4 months now gawd it's been a long 4 months but I'm adjusting to like without you. I still wish you were here, but I guess you we're need elsewhere. I often think of you running around chasing the rabbits and generally having a ball and that makes me smile.

Always and forever wee man x

Happy Easter little one the sun is shining. I'm going to go out the village today, as it's Easter egg hunt and you used to love watching all the kids walk up past the house to the park for the egg hunt. All dressed up with there Easter bonnets on and they would stop and pat you on head and your little tail was always a blur I can't face that today.

Missing you as always xx

Hay baby boy

Your bench arrived today and I,ve built it up

As I sit on your bench on this lovely night watching the world go by watching everyone enjoying the weather dogs running in the park, people doing there gardens, kids on their bikes it makes me realise that life really does go on, and for a time makes me smile and angry at the same time that how can life go on when your not here.

I look down the garden and I can see you running, playing, digging under the shed for the rabbits and it makes me cry but happy tears as you had a blast, but now the garden is empty as is the house. 5 months today you left little one to your new life and left a massive hole behind one that will never be filled. But I fill my days and my mind remembering all of all the great days we had together, playing, sleeping, having fun, you were my little bundle of energy and joy. I hope you enjoyed your life here with me as much as I enjoyed having you it was an honour to have had you in my life and the pleasure was all mine.

I love you little one, be safe xxxx

Hay gorgeous

It's now 6 months since you left and I miss you like crazy, but I still console myself with the happy times we shared. It's only 2 weeks till your birthday so I will pop back than.

Love and miss you daily munchkin xx

Happy Birthday Woody. I hope your having fun, today I'm not going to be sad I'm going to celebrate. So I'm wiping away the tears and I'm celebrating that little whirl wind that rushed into my life, that little feisty dog who would empty the bins and steal whatever then run past past with your head turned away almost like you thought I couldn't see you, that sooky little dog who would come up and put his paws on my shoulders and then wash my face, that little dog who chased the rabbits, cats and everything else that moved, that little dog who jumped in and out the leaves, that little dog who would back chat me at every turn, that little dog who always had to have the last word, that little dog who made me smile daily, that little dog with the huge personality, that little dog who was my best friend that's what I'm celebrating today. It doesn't matter that your not here in person because you will always be in my heart. So little one you have a good birthday and celebrate in style.

Love you to the moon and back xx