Thread: Inbox message disappeared

Default Inbox message disappeared

Today I got a pm with an email address I need. When I left my messages folder and came back it was gone. I can read the old ones, but the new one just isn't there.
    My total messages is showing with 0 unread, but I cannot get the current one to show at all.
    I did notice this morning there was a server error, and I got completely thrown off the forum, then it took forever to reload even though I had checked the remember me box.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Default Re: Inbox message disappeared

Gosh Judi, that is very frustrating for you! I don't believe we've experienced that problem with messageboxes before. But if you or anybody else runs into additional problems, please document them here so that we can submit a "trouble" report to our technical support service.

Marianne

I actually got the message back when I hit "review conversation" but the actual individual message that should have been in my "in" box was gone.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Default Problems with private messages

Hey I received a private message and then had to log out. I read the message but when I went back to respond it was gone. Matter of fact, everything after April 2013 is gone from my inbox. I also have another issue: given the above, I just decided to start a new message with this user and her box is full. Is there a way to notify her of this. I don't want her to think I did not respond.
    Jessica and Doc

Hi Jessica,

You'll see that I've moved your reply over to this pre-existing thread since it looks as though you are now the second person who has experienced this problem. Strange...

I guess we will need to submit a trouble ticket to our web host.

In the meantime, as far as the member with the full mailbox, I guess the best thing for you to do is just to post a note on their thread to tell them their mailbox is full and new messages to them cannot be delivered.

Marianne

I did some maintenance, which I hope corrected the problem. If anybody has any further problems, I will then know that maintenance did not fix the problem and I will promptly submit a service ticket. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi it seems my first message has disappeared as well. Did you get my message?

Sorry you've had this problem, Cece, since it had been a year since we'd gotten any complaints about anything similar. How about anybody else out there? If you are having a problem with this, please go ahead and post a note here.

Cece, if you sent a message to Glynda, she will not have seen it because she is taking a break from the forum right now. So do go ahead and continue to post here with any related conversation.

Marianne