Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cushings Diagnosis

Default Re: Cushings Diagnosis

Seems like you are doing well and have a good plan for your Gizmo. Hope all goes well. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

I'm doing ok just worried about Gizmo. I will continue to work with the vet and post results when recd. I am just concerned that it might be something other than or in addition too the Cushings but I should have a better understanding of that tonight.

Thanks,

Teresa - Gizmo, Sparky and Bosch.

Hope so too. Crossing fingers, toes and paws here.

Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Gizmo has been diagnosed with diabetes in addition to cushings. His blood sugar is 596 they would like to see it at 150. He has sugar in his urine and ketones in his urine. Vet has prescribed insulin twice a day with a prescription food diet. Kidneys and thyriod are fine. Sodium and potassium are a little low so she is concerned about the opposites of cushings. Going tonight to see how to give him insulin and what to watch for. Leaving him at vet Friday so they can keep an eye on him and also have an ACTH test done. How can a puppy that appears so happy and healthy be so sick? I'll have to pimp out the other puppies and kitties to pay for his treatment. Just kidding. So we are off to the vet tonight and again on Friday. If any of this does no sound right please advise. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else happens and his treatments go as expected.

Bye for now
    Teresa, Gizmo, Sparky and Bosch

Well that explains some of the things that we saw in the urinalysis that were off.

Hi Theresa,

Glad you got it figured out at least.

Now we also have a sister site, k9diabetes.com/forum Wonderful people and we have members that are on both sites as they are dealing with both the diabetes and cushings. So, head over, sign up and say hi from all of us over here. Just kidding, the administrator there is just wonderful and so are the members.

They'll help you with any insulin/diabetes questions and we'll help with the cushings or opposite questions. Is the vet saying she is suspicious of Addisons?

hugs,
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)