Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: My Beautiful Buddy Boy

Default Re: My Beautiful Buddy Boy

I know this holiday is hard and sad on many levels, Buddy missing, you being sick. I'm very grateful that you have Rosie in your life now and that your brother did indeed step up.
    Things will get better. I just know it.
    hugs,
    sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Sharlene and Trish,

I finally got in to see the doctor today. I have bronchitis and whooping cough! I was also running a fever that I was not aware of. I am on 10 days of heavy-duty antibiotics and medication to help ease the coughing, so hopefully I can sleep. We'll see. I will write more tomorrow. I am exhausted! Thanks for asking guys. Xxxxx
    Last edited by Budsters Mom; 12-26-2013 at 08:44 PM.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Kathy I am so glad that you got in to a see a doctor and got some good meds to try and kick this thing. No more messing around with your health now! Get some rest, drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated and then ..more rest!! Take care. I'm so glad you got a diagnosis.

hugs,
    sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

OMG! Kathy, were you ever vaccinated for whooping cough? I'm just checking the web now and see that it may be prudent to get whooping cough boosters -- I didn't know you didn't get lifetime immunity! I just got a shingles vaccination, but looks like a whooping booster may be in order, too...

Marianne

Yes Marianne, I got a Pertussis booster in 2010! Little good it did me! All District staff were encouraged to get a booster following an outbreak on a college campus. Parents are opting out of vaccinations, so is occurring more often! I was almost hospitalized! Pneumonia would have set in within the next few days if antibiotics weren't started before then. The sad thing is I tried to get an appt. a week ago and they wouldn't let me come in. So, I have been very sick for close to two weeks!

Marianne,
    Pertussis boosters in the form DPT (Diptheria, pertussis and tetanus) have been encouraged for a few years now. District staff was not forced to get a booster, but it was STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. It was previously believed that the initial shots provided lifetime protection, but not anymore. I've never coughed like this before and have had bronchitis and pneumonia previously. I would still recommend getting a booster, even though it didn't protect me. I hope this helps.

Well I am so pleased you got into the doctor Kathy, you poor thing that has been going on so long. Hopefully these meds will kick it into touch soon. When were you due to go back to school? I would imagine you would have to be clear of this for some time before they let you back. Keep resting up!! Have you got some inhalers for the bronchitis to open up the airways? Hope your feeling better soon xxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Sorry to hear you're so ill at the moment - take care of yourself and hope you're feeling better soon.

Thank you for all the well wishes angels. I am hanging in there, resting when I can and not doing much else. I'm still feeling like crap, but at least I know why. I am hoping the antibiotics start to kick in soon, so I feel a little better. No fever today, which is good. At one time or another, I have had pneumonia, and several bouts of bronchitis. Never have I had a cough as physically exhausting as this. I cough until I can no longer breathe, then struggle for air to continue coughing. This cycle can continue for hours, until I vomit or wet myself. Neither is pleasant! It is much worse at night. I have to rest propped up, which no one can sleep like that! The good news is that I have another week off to rest and plenty of sick leave if I need it. At least I have that option. I am concerned about my folks catching it. They are in their eighties and have many other health issues.

That's about it for now. Thanks for caring. Before I forget.... You might want to check in to getting a Pertussis(Whooping Cough) booster. If you had a DPT (Diptheria, Pertussis, Tetanus) immunization as a child, you don't have lifetime immunity as previously believed. I had my booster and still got it, but hopefully I will recover faster with fewer complications. Whooping Cough is serious. There have been deaths reported. Protect yourself angels. We need all of you healthy. xxxxx

Kathy,
    Hope you get some relief soon and start to feel better.
    Take care of yourself.
    Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom