Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: My Beautiful Buddy Boy

Default Re: My Beautiful Buddy Boy

Awww, Buddy the mighty lizard hunter is sure missed by a lot of us. I hope he is getting tons of belly rubs at the rainbow bridge in between chasing lizards of course.

hugs Kathy
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thank you Ladies.

Everything is different. It should be getting easier by now.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

I think maybe when we love them that much and fight that hard it doesn't get easier, maybe it just changes a bit on some days.

Big hugs Kathy, we never forget, we continue to love with every fiber of our being.

Buddy, check in on Zoe for me. She shoul be running with Alivia
    and Apollo anywhere there may be food.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Quote Originally Posted by addy View Post
    I think maybe when we love them that much and fight that hard it doesn't get easier, maybe it just changes a bit on some days.

Big hugs Kathy, we never forget, we continue to love with every fiber of our being.

Buddy, check in on Zoe for me. She shoul be running with Alivia
    and Apollo anywhere there may be food.
    They will be fighting tommy and Tammy for it!!!! Lol

I never thought if it that way, but I think you're right Addy. My life was intertwined with Buddy's needs for so long, that I feel lost without that focus of being constantly needed. Weird huh?

Quote Originally Posted by addy View Post

I think we suffer the same things a human caretaker does when our babies pass. All of our energies, thoughts, actions - everything has been for them and when they are no longer in need, we are completely lost. I am anyway.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Dear Kathy
    You have been so kind to me . I feel selfish for not thinking about your needs. It is so hard to get through. Over two years and I still struggle with guilt,lose.emptiness and that is okay.
    When you have fought so hard and long for your furballs, it takes a long time to adjust. They will always be a part of you,there well be moments out of the blue and the lose hits you, there will be moments when the love and memories will hit you. When you love so deeply and are loved so deeply the bound does not die but goes with you when you die. Only we can understand.
    Love always
    Sonja and Apollo

I agree completely. They have stolen our hearts and we will never be the same. Thank you so much for your sweet note. xxxxoooo

Quote Originally Posted by apollo6 View Post
    When you love so deeply and are loved so deeply the bound does not die but goes with you when you die. Only we can understand

Hi Bud,

Thanks for dropping by. It meant so much Yes, Rosie is a work in progress. She is nothing like you, but she's very special too.

Love you and miss you forever and a day,

Mom

Hi Sweet boy,

Another year has come and gone and still no Buddy boy to make me smile. I often drift off in my sleep to calmer, simpler times. Times when it was just the two of us doing nothing in particular. You by my side, watching, listening, caring and loving. Then I wake to the reality that you are gone. No smiling on cue, no Sunday morning cuddles in bed, no one sitting in window waiting for me to come home from work. No sweet boy to see, smell, feel or hold on to. The bottom of your feet always smelled like Fritos. That always seemed weird to be, but I sure miss that smell now. I would love to be able to turn back the clock to when you were a puppy and start fresh again. Back to a time I had never heard of Cushing's. Back to the time you could run and play without head tremors and your legs giving out. A pain free time full of hunting those pesky lizards and yapping at the birds who had nerve enough to invade your airspace. Then reality sets in once more and my beautiful dream ends until we meet again.

Please continue to welcome the new arrivals which keep on coming. There is plenty of room for all over the rainbow bridge and many lizards to hunt. Happy hunting my precious boy.

Love you and miss you forever and a day,
    Mom