Default Re: My Beautiful Buddy Boy

hugs, Kathy
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Oh Kathy {{{hugs}}}
    You did everything you possibly could for Buddy, and his thread will help many others.

Kathy,
    Big, loving hugs
    Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom

Hugs and prayers

Hey little Dude,

There haven't been any alligator lizards at all this year. You wiped them out before you moved on. Such a mighty hunter!!! We only have the small ones now that are lightning fast. Those are almost impossible to catch, although you did manage to catch quite a few. Rosie chases them, but hasn't caught any. She is very fast, but not as determined as you were.

You were absolutely obedient at all times. You even stayed perfectly still for your ultrasound. Rosie knows the commands, but only follows them if she's in the mood and there is nothing better to do.

I know that this is almost impossible to understand or believe, but Rosie doesn't care at all about food or treats. Isn't that crazy! It's hard for me to believe too.

I so wish I was able to turn back the clock and start all over again with you. Fly free sweet boy.

Love you and miss you forever and a day,
    Mom
    Last edited by Budsters Mom; 08-16-2014 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Dang grammar

Dean Koontz is one of my favorite authors, one reason is that dogs are just about always part of the story and often play a prominent role even tho his stories are about the supernatural. In Dragon Tears a dog is a key character who helps a group of people in danger from a young man who possesses unusual "gifts". Koontz takes the reader into this dog's thoughts with his typical dash of humor. In my reading last night I read the following and couldn't help but think of Buddy.

A little lizard! Zip, so fast, across the stones, get it, get it, get it, get it. This way, that way, this way, between your legs, that way, here it comes, there it goes – now where is it? – over there, zip, don’t let it get away, get it, get it, want it, need it, bang, an iron fence out of nowhere.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thanks for moving Leslie's post here. It is sooooo Buddy! It made me smile.

He will always remain a mighty lizard hunter. So much passion wrapped in that little body. He would jump into bushes and claw under fences to hunt out his prey. I would have to physically pick him up and bring him inside to keep him from tearing up his paws and to give the lizard a chance to escape. Otherwise, he would sit and stare at a hole in the fence all day, waiting for it to resurface. He could sniff them out and very few got away. Once caught, he often brought them in through the doggie door to show me. He was soooo proud!

Special moments can make us smile,sometimes through tears but smile nonetheless.

Big hugs
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

So true Addy, so true.

Hey little man,

I still miss you so much! It just wasn't long enough. It never would have been long enough.

I am feeling very sad. It will be my birthday in about a half an hour and we are supposed to spend it together. 9-11 is such a sucky birthday anyway, but you always made it okay. You made everything okay for me. That's what you did.

I want a do over!

Love you and miss you forever and a day,
    Mom
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!