Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My Beautiful Buddy Boy

Default My Beautiful Buddy Boy

My Beautiful Buddy Boy,

You brought light where there was darkness.

Joy where there was sorrow.

Companionship where there was loneliness.

Smiles where there were frowns.

You taught me how to love unconditionally by example.

You were such a large presence in such a little body.

A soul wiser than all.

Accepting of all.

Giving to all.

Loving all and expecting nothing in return.

You left me much too soon. I had many more lessons to learn and you taught them so well.

Thank you for loving me so much and for taking such great care of me every day. I am the person I am today because of you, my precious boy.

Hunt free little man. Be happy and do not worry about me. We will be reunited when the time is right. Until then, greet the newcomers with the same love and tenderness that you gave me so freely.

Love you always my Mighty lizard Hunter.
    Mom
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Default Re: My Beautiful Buddy Boy

How beautifully written for such a beautiful soul. I do believe that they will be there waiting for us when they know that we have been called but until then I know Buddy, Bo, and all the countless other fur angels are out and about just enjoying themselves and finding all the best places to show us when we all meet again.
    Belinda Creel,
    Mom of Angel Bo, My Little Latte and now our newest Toby.

What a wonderful tribute from a great mom. No doubt your little hunter is looking down with a feisty smile on his face. Hugs, Kim

from the soul. A beautiful tribute to a beautiful soul.
    Hugs Sonja and Angel Apollo

Oh Kathy, that is beautiful.
    Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom

Kathy,
    He is a beautiful boy. And we will be reunited with our little loves one day.

Love and prayers,
    Donna

My brother gave me a plastic exercise pen with eight panels. It has since been broken up into three pieces, due to the fact that they had a St. Bernard. One of the pieces barricades a troublesome door. The second piece barricades my bed so Rosie can't jump up on the high bed. The largest piece encloses the front porch perfectly. Rosie is now able to sit out there and watch the world.

This bring me to Buddy. He was no longer able to jump up on the cedar chest to look out the window for guard duty. I put a ramp up for him. That only worked for a while until his rear leg weakness made that impossible. He then moved to the security front doors. They were only available when the weather was such that we could have the other doors open. The rest of the time he couldn't look out at all, which I knew was very upsetting to him. He would have loved to sit out on the porch and guard his family. He didn't get that option.

Buddy guarded the most important person in his life, every single day and that is you. I am sure he would have loved to have been sitting out there, although probably to check for lizards. Have no doubt though, he was happy to just be with you.

I think there are now and will be in the future, many such bittersweet moments. He was after all your mighty lizard hunter. We are always grateful that you found our site and that you shared Your Buddy with us. He made such an impression with his spirit, even when the disease was taking it's toll.

I always prefer to think that they watch over us still, and who knows Buddy might be sitting on that porch with Rosie, watching for lizards and anything interesting, egging her on when she is scampering a round.

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I read a post today about a dog who follows his mom everywhere. She said that he would even follow her to his death. It made me cry because that is exactly what I did with Buddy. He was always completely trusting of everyone, even the vets who did nasty, painful things to him. So sad.

Kathy you can't think like that. You made the decision for Buddy because of his quality of life and you put his needs above your own, please don't think like this.

You gave him the best life and you let him go before he suffered too much from it. I struggled so much to make the decision and it hurts my heart to know how far treatments have come since I lost Tia but we did the right thing by our babies with the options we had

Sending you the tightest biggest hug Kathy

Mel
    Xxxxxxx
    Last edited by Mel-Tia; 11-19-2013 at 04:09 PM.