Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Altira Breast Cancer

Default Re: will be testing hopefully soon (Update: Left adrenal tumor)

I am very sorry to hear this news. Please let Janis know that our angels are surrounding her with healing light and positive energy. Xxxx
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

she has to have chemo................that is all i know right now............
    Stormee (Skye)

Chemo for sure.
    They biopsy area of arm pit area
    They think it may have spread
    It is possible mastectomy will be done
    Stormee (Skye)

I am so sorry to hear this but Janis is strong and has a great support system of people who love her.
    My mom and my sister both had breast cancer. My mom's involved a masectomy and radiation therapy. She beat the cancer. My sisters involved a lumpectomy and chemo, she beat the cancer too. It's been over 5 years now and she goes back every year just to get a check up and be sure.
    The best thing I can think of is a PET Scan, if available. It's worth it.

Hang in there and give her our love! She WILL beat this!
    hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Positive energy and healing thoughts to you and your friend.
    Hugs,
    Nikki and Kaibo
    You never lose by loving. You only lose by holding back.

Thank you Stormee for allowing me to invade your thread. And due to the fact that this is a dog forum I will tell you that my Kira was aware of a problem from the beginning. When my Mira got cancer that killed her 22 days later.... My Kira knew first. My normaly good Kira started distorying things. She had my earphones on the floor several times. Finally she distoryed them. This was so totaly unlike her. A few days later Mira was diagnost with deadly massive liver and lung cancer. I always had this feeling that Kira was trying to tell me something. Now I know she wAs. In the last several weeks again Kira has been distorting things. Panting and been anxious. She has over turned my dirty cloths basket many times. Ripped up a pair of my underwear. Last week she threw up a pair of my underwear. They weren't chewed up at all but rather swallowed whole. Last night while on a walk she stopped to poop. It got stuck. Great so I put a bag over my hand and helped her pass whatever it was. When I got home I dumped it in the toilet. Swished it around with a stick and discovered another pair of my panties. Swallowed whole. Kira has never done this before. I had a cat scan done a month ago for possible kidney stones (which I also have). There it was noted that I have an inlarged cervix. I have yet to have that checked out. But my right breast is well the lump is massive. The first place said it was just a calcium deposit. Come back in six moths. But it keeps getting bigger. So I expited a recheck and now her we are. Iminate biopsys chemo to start post haste and surgery. I supost I should her that Pap smear soon too. It's not looking to good. I can think of nothing worse then chemo. I always said I'd rather died then throw up all the time. But here I am. Thank you all for your prayers. But since loosing Mira my look at life has all changed. And bless my Kira for being so in touch with me. For her desperate attempt to warn me. To all the angels for your suport and most of all to Stormee for her devoted friendship and her darling husband. Cindy I hope you see this and can offer me guidance throw this dreadful chemo that I fear even more then death.
    Janis
    My avatar is a picture of Elly at age 7.

Janis,
    I have a friend who is one of 7 sisters. 4 of them have had various stages of breast Cancer. All four are still doing well after many years. They felt exactly the way you do about Chemo. It is the reason they are alive to share their stories today. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Many healing hugs for you and your wonder dog. Xxxx
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Aw, Janis, I can relate to a small level with what you are going through. But I've been very, very lucky. My OB/GYN found pre-cancerous cells in my cervix and uterus - both were removed immediately and the surgery got all the cells so no chemo was required and testing through the years has come back clean. Then almost 20 years later, a tumor was found on an ovary. They whisked me into surgery that day and removed a 20 lbs ovarian tumor, intact, benign. So again, no chemo required.

The tumor story is kinda funny - I noticed it when I lay on the floor to get something out from under the bed. It felt like I was laying on a basketball and I called my hubby in to see. I could lift my shoulders and legs off the floor and roll around on my belly! I knew I had been gaining weight and knew I was miserable - I had reached the point I couldn't stand to be hugged or wear clothes that were the least snug, but I put it all down to getting fat. When I went to see the OB/GYN and told him the basketball story, his comment was, "Well, I've heard that before and am willing to bet you are full of crap!" And he meant literally!

And I'll be honest - after finding the tumor, I begged to have both breasts removed asap since they had already found 3 issues in my female organs. They refused. I've since had two scares on mammograms that turned out to be nothing...yet I again begged to have them removed and again was refused. Made so sense to me - I have absolutely no use for them at all and consider them a nuisance! Yeah, I know - weirdo, huh?

I hope and pray some of my luck will fly your way and you will sail through chemo with minimal discomfort....and that when all is said and done, you get clear reports for years to come, too. You will remain in my prayers and thoughts, and will be named when I light my candles in the mornings, honey. I have full faith the little things like this have great power.

Many hugs dear lady,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Folks from all over pulling for you, Janis!

"May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hi Janis
    Thoughts are with you as you fight this, chemo is not as bad as it used to be either! I always say to take all the meds they prescribe, especially the nausea ones as it is easier to keep it at bay than tackle it once it sets in. I look at how strong you were in fighting for your doggies so you can now harness that strength on yourself! Your Kira is an amazing instinctive girl and I am sure she will be right by your side fighting and cheering you on as we will all be as well. Your a good friend Stormee xxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!