Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checking in for June 2009

Thumbs up Re: Checking in for June 2009

I'll check in for June since our old threads are gone. Nice job getting the new site up, btw! I'm not able to check in as often as I used to, but I still like referring people here. You all are wonderful!

Niko is my 16 1/2 year old sheltie mix. His (PDH) cushings was dxed in March of 2008. After an unsuccessful few months on Anipryl - we switched him to Lysodren last August and his numbers have been good ever since.

Niko was also dxed with Lymphoma in October of 2008. He had 4 rounds of a single agent chemo (doxorubicin) and has been in remission since November 2008. (Thanks to Deb and Barkley's story)

Other hurdles we have experience with is vestibular disease and glaucoma (he lost one eye to it) and some Colitis / IBD. Lucky us!

He's an old boy who sleeps a bit more now and gets confused frequently - but he enjoys his life and still insists on super long walks in the evening. I cherish every day I have left with him.

Default Re: Checking in for June 2009

Well, Louie and I arrived with a splash, but we are here

Louie is doing pretty well, thanks to the kindness of so many, but I am concerned about him as he seems to be showing some signs of Cushing's at long last (if you remember he was diagnosed but didn't seem like a Cushing's dog) so I am suspecting now that we had an early diagnosis.

He most likely will not be treated, as he has other diseases that are inflammatory in nature and the Cushing's is self-treating for those other diseases, so we will just keep our eyes on him and see how he does. Glad to see the forum back!

Default Re: Checking in for June 2009

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that Corky's Cushings symptoms have not returned for just about four months now. He's been doing well, except for his two stays in the hospital for respiratory distress. He has had to be on liquid oxygen over night on those occasions. His diagnosis was mild dyspnea secondary to a collapsung trachea. I now have Torbutrol to give him as needed for his respiratory distress. He's still eating and drinking normally and walking every morning for at least an hour.

I want to thank everyone who is responsible for setting up this new site, as Corky's symptoms may return, and I know that there is a good reliable site to return to.

Terri