Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrate Good Times!

Default Re: Celebrate Good Times!

Oh MY GOD Leslie. I laughed so, so hard and loud, had tears running out of my eyes, so I couldn't read the whole thing at the same time and my husband who is in the basement working on the electrical just yelled up the stairs "Are You Okay" which had me laughing so much more that I couldn't even answer him.

Thank you! Who cannot relate to that story. Well, maybe not the exact details, but certainly the gist of it, just go ahead, raise your hand and so not me, I dare you!

ROFLMAO!!!! I may never be the same. Thank you Leslie. (hubby is glad I was just laughing and not having some sort of seizure)
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

OMGosh Leslie!!!! Sorry but that story was hilarious I, too, had the tears streaming down my face and was laughing so loud that my boss asked me if I was ok!!

World's Gentlest Dog Befriends Little Boy With Down Syndrome, Melts Our Hearts

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_4005675.html
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

That is a great story leslie!!! Haven't even smiled much this week that made me laugh out loud!!!! Thank you
    Last edited by Robert; 10-03-2013 at 08:55 AM.

That story made me laugh out loud Leslie and I don't think I have even smiled since CoCo died two weeks ago today. You tell good stories. I can just see you running for the toilet. Thanks, JoAnne

My Favorite Animal

Our teacher asked what my favorite animal was, and I said, "Fried chicken." She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right, because everyone else laughed. My parents told me to always tell the truth. I did. Fried chicken is my favorite animal.

I told my dad what happened, and he said my teacher was probably a member of ASPCA. He said they love animals very much. I do, too. Especially chicken, pork and beef.

Anyway, my teacher sent me to the principal's office. I told him what happened, and he laughed, too. Then he told me not to do it again.

The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favorite live animal was. I told her it was chicken. She asked me why, so I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken. She sent me back to the principal's office. He laughed, and told me not to do it again.

I don't understand. My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am. Today, my teacher asked me to tell her what famous person I admired most. I told her, "Colonel Sanders." Guess where I am now...
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnr3wek1gt4

I just had to post this somewhere...such a sweet gestured dog.
    Belinda Creel,
    Mom of Angel Bo, My Little Latte and now our newest Toby.

For those who do not live in the USA, we just want you to know we don't understand our language any better than you!

You think English is easy??

I think a retired English teacher was bored...THIS IS GREAT!

Read all the way to the end.................
    This took a lot of work to put together!

1) The bandage was wound around the wound.

2) The farm was used to produce produce.

3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.

4) We must polish the Polish furniture..

5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.

6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert..

7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.

8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.

9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

10) I did not object to the object.

11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.

12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.

13) They were too close to the door to close it.

14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.

15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.

16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.

17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

18) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear..

19) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

20) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

Let's face it - English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. English muffins weren't invented in England or French fries in France . Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat. We take English for granted. But if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.

And why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth, beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese? One index, 2 indices? Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend? If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it?

If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught? If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? Sometimes I think all the English speakers should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane. In what language do people recite at a play and play at a recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell?

How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites? You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out and in which, an alarm goes off by going on.

English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of the human race, which, of course, is not a race at all. That is why, when the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.

PS. - Why doesn't 'Buick' rhyme with 'quick'?

Happy Halloween Angels!!! Welcome to my world of craziness!!

Okay, a kid joke for Halloween. I hear lots of them, but this one is SPECIAL!!!

Disclaimer......If you are always prim and proper and not a little unhinged, like me, please skip this joke...Here goes. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Why couldn't the adult skeleton make little bone children????? Give up?

He had a Hallow weenie!

And now you know why I am unhinged! This is what I get to hear on an hourly basis! xxxxx
    Last edited by Budsters Mom; 10-31-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Leslie,
    Can I share your last post about the English language? So true and so crazy....but really enjoyed it.
    Belinda Creel,
    Mom of Angel Bo, My Little Latte and now our newest Toby.