Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Yunah, the service dog :) - Our beloved Yunah has crossed The Bridge

Default Re: Yunah, the service dog :)

Lori,

I am a certified dog behavioral trainer, that helps

Saskia and Yunah

I didn't know that...well then I have a question for you and would really like your honest opinion. What do you think of Ceasar Milan?

Lori

Oh Saskia, I have just now had the chance to read about Panda and to see all your new Gallery photos! (I am travelling right now, so am not able to check in as often as usual). What a heartwarming story, and what wonderful photos of ALL your beloved companions. And Yunah (of course!) is being a perfect auntie and mentor. Please keep the updates coming!!!!!

Marianne

Lori,

Can't say much about Ceasar Milan since he's not on Dutch television I've heard about him but that's really all I can say... Sorry.

Saskia and Yunah

Hi Marianne,

good to see you, as always And yes, Yunah is truly a blessing for me but also for Panda. He finds the courage to do all kinds of things through Yunah, she's priceless and a great "rehab"dog on top of everything else And I just love to have a puppy around that needs care, attention, love and training

Safe travels!

Saskia and Yunah

Well, I have 2 videos you all must see

This one is where Panda has a private class of "how-to-walk-properly-on-a-leash", hahaha...I tell you, he's a brilliant student

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG5uyXvJGRg

And here's Yunah being the best service dog ever, hahaha... Panda is still so little. Especially for me to reach for his leash when I'm in my wheelchair...so, like the good service dog she is, Yunah gives me a hand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR3f9Np6Xtw

Aren't they just the cutest couple???

Saskia and Yunah

I just love watching your videos. Panda is a quick learner and he has got a good teacher in Yunah.

Jenny

Today it's 2 weeks since Panda came to live with us and it has been a hectic two weeks...ofcourse Panda is doing extremely well! He turned from a very frigthened dog into a loving, kind, gentle and somewhat shy soul and his progress is truly amazing His personality is adorable and he's about the sweetest pup I have encountered. Doesn't destroy a thing, doesn't use his teeth, doesn't bark...in short, he's perfect

Now for the hectic part... After several days I discovered he had a mild case of Demodex. Another couple of days later I had his stools examined since I didn't trust the sight and smell of them (yehaaaawwwwwwwwww poo patrol again for me ) And sure thing, he has Giardia, a nasty parasite Poor thing... Well, both the Demodex and the Giardia were treated (and of course, Yunah had to be treated as well) and apart from all the cleaning and desinfecting and bathing...everything went well. Today I saw he limped a little bit with his left front paw and when I had a look, I saw the strangest "growth" in his pad I had ever seen Called the vet and I could come in this afternoon. It turned out, he had 2 corns in his pad! I had never ever heard of dogs getting corns...??? Well, they had to be removed because they are very painfull. Without any sort of sedation, the vet was able to pull both corns out of his pad...Panda cried a bit but remained calm on my lap, not trying to bite or growl at the vet, what a sweetheart he is Because trust me, it was very painfull to have done...and it was bleeding profusely. So after cleaning the wound the vet put a bandage around the front paw to help stop the bleeding. And that lovely Yunah was standing right beside me during the procedure, giving Panda kisses...as to console him...awwwwwww how I love that Yunah

I hope his pad will heal soon an uneventfully. I will post some pictures and some videos...

Saskia, Yunah and Panda

I didn't know dogs could get corns either. I suppose it makes sense because they can also get calluses it's just that I have never come across a corn. Poor Panda but it was so nice to read that you have his trust and he sat still for the pain. Yunah makes a great nurse! Hope it's all better soon.

Jenny

Gosh, forgot to post the links to the videos....

Panda having fun at the doggy park with other dogs. A week ago, he was too scared to leave my lap...and look at him now
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZpsITup6Dk

And this is what it looks like when we go for a walk:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgXgfPATlik

Saskia