Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Yunah, the service dog :) - Our beloved Yunah has crossed The Bridge

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Re: Yunah, the service dog :)

Saskia,

I have been late in posting here and I am so very happy that you have posted again. I was sad to read that you are no longer able to do public demonstrations due to declining health, but it is your health that remains the most important. I am sure that you and Yunah will come up with something that allows the world to see how wonderful services dogs are even though it cannot be through traveling around. I think you practically do this through youtube anyway. I still look at those wonderful youtube videos of sweet Yunah and by watching these, one can see these wonders.

Poor little Yunah in this last video - she really misses you.

I continued to be amazed at the diligence you show in helping those incredibly unfortunate dogs from those countries who have a disdain for them. And to be a part of this movement is wonderful. My hat is off to those people in those countries who are trying to change it.

Keep those updates and videos coming
    always my best
    Terry

Hi Saskia,
    I didn't have the honor of knowing you and your pups prior to my joining late last year. I always read your very informative post and viewed your wonderful video's. Meeting people like you and many, many others on this forum still give me hope that someday we will no longer know cruelty to animals.

I would love to give you a big hug, maybe a cyber hug for all that you do to give hope to the many needy pups (and needy humans). I am glad you are here and look forward to many more post by you and continued updates on Yunah.

Belly rubs to Yunah
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Hi Terry, thanks

I always carry...how do you call those ...little cards that have Yunah's website address on them...and hand them out to everyone that is interested That's a way as well to inform the people (through Yunah's website) and let them know about Yunah and what she does for me...and means to me

And yes, poor Yunah, can't stand to be without me, hahahaha.... Luckily, the dentist is only twice a year (if nothing happens) so she'll just have to endure those two times

It's an honour to be a tiny part of the bigger picture...and if there's one thing I can still do, it's helping dogs Most of my own dogs have been trained for the major part when I am resting on my bed, hahaha...and they turned out just fine. Amazing what one can do from bed

My best to you and yours,

Saskia and Yunah

Hi John,

and again the hugs go to me and the belly rubs to Yunah Just kidding

My life wouldn't be fulfilling to me if I wouldn't do what I do. There would be no meaning to just live my life...and not be involved And as you said, that's one of the appealing parts of this board, there are so many of these wonderful people here that care and act...on behalf of animals who so need their support. Makes me proud to know them In that regard there are no boundaries and we are all close...even with all these miles between us

Saskia and Yunah

Just wanted to let you all know that tomorrow a foster puppy will come to live with Yunah and myself, till a forever home is found for him He's an approximately 5 month old pup from Turkey. He and his siblings were dumped when they were just 3 weeks old, in the middle of winter, can you imagine Luckily, they were found and brought to a shelter. But, a Turkish shelter is nothing like what we know. It's a group of hundreds and hundreds of dogs, all in one huge, open area with no shelter at all except for the holes the dogs dig to try and survive the winter, with just 1 or 2 persons looking after them (basically meaning, feeding them bread and anything else they can find, to at least try to have the dogs survive) So you can imagine, there's no time for interaction, cuddles, hugs, brushing, etc. Therefore, this pup, who lived in such a shelter eversince he was 3 weeks old, knows nothing. I am looking forward to him coming here for a while so I can teach him slowly what the world looks like And with a really confident and calm Yunah at his side, I'm sure he can grow a lot, in the time to come...

His name is Panda...a black and white puppy

Saskia and Yunah

Hey Saskia,

This is great news! I know both you and Panda will grow from this experience, and I hope you find as much joy as I do in working with fosters. Most of them are very special little souls and quite a few are like Panda - know nothing of a home, love and TLC. This little fellow is very fortunate to be going to yours and Yunah's home as his first taste of life in the hands of someone who cares.

Are there any pics yet? I gotta go check just to see!

Huge hugs,
    Leslie and the girls
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh! He is a doll! That last photo of him stole my heart. Any idea as to what breed/mix he is? He looks almost like a large JR in that first shot.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hi Saskia,

I am so happy for you and Yunah, and it really takes a special person to do what you are doing. Bless you Saskia.

So you can imagine, there's no time for interaction, cuddles, hugs, brushing, etc. Therefore, this pup, who lived in such a shelter eversince he was 3 weeks old, knows nothing.
    That is about to change for Panda, you and Yunah will be able to teach this pup so much, I can tell from your post that you know alot about dogs. With your loving, kind heart combined with the gentle guidance of your hands this pup will be so utterly happy.

Please keep us updated and the best of luck to you.
    Lori

Well, Panda arrived Fridaymorning around 10 in the morning. He had been sick all during the 2 hour carride and was terrified. He peed when you even looked at him, poor thing. So I put a leash on him and let him be after that. (the leash is so that I didn't have to handle him directly when I needed to get him, for some reason) He sniffed at Yunah, Yunah sniffed at him, and that was that

Today, Sunday, he's already doing a lot better. He comes to me, waggs his tail, and lets me pet him and tickle his belly. When I move in his direction, he still runs, but the fact he is coming towards me, is a very good sign. He plays with Yunah, knows his place and is very gentle. He's been on several "lap-walks" with Yunah and myself. The first 2 times, he would absolutely panick when he saw something...a human, a car...didn't matter. Today, he was getting so curious, that he wanted to leave my lap and so I put him on the ground. He was pretty scared but also very curious and really wanted to explore things, in a "jumpy" kind of way I keep the leash on him at all times and it works just fine. He doesn't mind when I grab the leash and even walks on it, it's much safer then to have direct contact with me/my hands He did not have one accident, he did all his pees and poo's outside, which is incredable When he hears a scary noise, he will look at Yunah (who, of course, doesn't react to it) and when he sees she's not reacting, he'll calm down as well and just ignores the noise... So, everything is going well so far He's a cutiepie and I have no doubt he will find a forever home somewhere in the future...

And yes, I also think there's some terrier in him, possible terrier/pointer mix But who knows, both his father and mother (and grandparents) probably already were the results of all kinds of breeds/mixes

I will post some pictures of him...

Saskia and Yunah

So happy Panda is progressing so well, looks like he is learning from the leader of the pack ~ you, and Yunah also.

Keeping the leash on him...what a great idea...I never would of thought of that...you do know alot about dogs and their behavior quandaries and how to solve them.

It is hard to believe that he is house-broken ~ no poops & pees in the house, yippee!

Thanks for the update, and keep-em coming

Hugs from your PA. friends.
    Lori and Harley