Thread: Puppy foods

Default Puppy foods

What do you feed your furbabies, brand, dry, canned, raw, treats, chewbones?
    Letti and Angel Simba, Meeko too!

Default Re: Puppy foods

I home cook plus use commercial feeds. I have recently used Natural Balance, PetFresh, Blue Buffalo, and Fromm. If I could afford Fromm or Acana, that is what I would try to stick with. The rescue bought a big bag of Fromm for Josie or I wouldn't have that! They are expensive feeds but very good feeds.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I feed my 8 year old Boston Merrick brand. As a puppy he was on Eukanuba, but it 2008 I believe with all the recalls I went with a more natural food. That's when I was recommended Merrick. Though the recipe has changed over the years he still loves it. When I moved an switched Vets there was a what I will call a misguided recommendation to switch to a low protein food due to elevated liver enzymes. I ultimately returned to my old Vet and was told to go back to the Merrick.

Mostly we feed Freshpet Select. They also get plain beef or chicken on occasion.
    Angela

They get a variety of dog foods: I use Primal and/or Vital Essential, both are considered to be raw. I also feed Fromm dry and Evanger's grain-free canned dog food.

My dogs get a variety of raw, canned and kibble. All of different meat choices and companies to fresh raw. I mainly use Stella and Chewy's and nature's variety raw - I use many different kinds of canned - Merrick, natures logic - variety, taste of the wild, against the grain etc, and currently using Nature's variety raw boost for kibble. I mostly use raw when I will be home most of the time. I use the kibble and canned when raw isn't easy to take along. Sometimes I use the dried raw for this also. I have had no problems with anything until my one dog with the cushings got parasites from my garden compost. My neighbor brought me over some compost from his garbage and it was really rotten I think. My dog just creeped right into the worms I pulled out of there and she ate them all. So I would not recommend compost as a filler. Jan W.

ps I forgot about treats - I prefer soft treats for training purposes and that may vary but usually Natural balance logs as they have a strong smell and I use it for scent training a lot. Otherwise, I try to stick with things my healthy pet food person has in her shop. (platos treats, zukes etc. I also use stella and chewy's dried food as treats along with dried liver treats. I also use kibble in their toys. I just really have a mixture. I have stuffed a kong with different treats and a pedigree marrow bone in the end of the kong to hold it all in. Jan W