Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Rosie has pituitary Cushing's — Rosie has crossed Rainbow Bridge

Default Re: Rosie has pituitary Cushing's — Rosie has crossed Rainbow Bridge

Dear Karen,

I am so very sorry for your tragic loss of little Rosie. Those days of uncertainty must have been so terrible for you. But as Kathy has written, Rosie is free of all pain now, and we’re so grateful that you’re allowing us to honor her precious life alongside you. She has now been added to our special memorial thread of honor, and if you wish, it would be our privilege to also add a photo link to her line. At any time, you can email any photo to k9cushings@gmail.com and we’ll take care of the rest. Here is our thread of honor:

https://www.k9cushings.com/forum/sho...Left-Us-(2019)

Please know that you can return at any time to share special memories of Rosie or to tell us how you’re doing. Absolutely, we do understand how much this hurts and how lonely you are feeling. That’s why we invite and encourage you to keep on writing. We cannot change your pain, but we can walk alongside you and perhaps that may indeed bring a bit of comfort during dark days. Once again, thank you so much for sharing your little Rosie with us, both during her life and now during her passage.

Always in loving memory of your sweet baby girl, and always here to offer you our support.
    Marianne

Oh Karen, I'm so sorry for your loss of Rosie. We do understand all that you are feeling. The feelings of loss and loneliness can be devastating. My Lena left me 3 1/2 years ago yesterday and I still miss her terribly.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Dear Karen,

Sweet Rosie has been part of our family here so many years now and in truth it broke my heart to read your post. She was such a sweetheart with the gentlest eyes. Even tho we know their time is drawing close we are never ready for them to leave, regardless of the manner we are never ready. I can't imagine your fear and anguish those days she was missing but I know the heartache you felt once you knew she was gone. I understand the inability to come here and talk to us about her - my Squirt has been gone 5 years this past May and I have never been able to write a memorial for her. I've tried a thousand times but I just can't. I think somewhere hidden deep inside I still hold onto the hope she will one day show up again so I can't do things that make her absence really real. I still have the food I cooked for her in the freezer - I can't throw it out. So, yes, I understand to some degree the pain you are feeling.

Please don't let guilt take up residence. You were the very best of moms to your sweet girl; she knows that and we know that. You did everything possible to give her the very best life every day she was on this earth. She is once again young and strong and running free in the Rainbow Fields braying with joy as she chases butterflies and bunny rabbits. I promise you she didn't cross that Bridge alone - Squirt and so many of her other friends from here were with her at that lake and walked with her into her new world. She will be surrounded by friends and loved ones who have gone before her until that day when your job here is done and you are reunited with your precious baby girl.

My deepest sympathies,
    Leslie

Beannacht
    by John O’Donohue

On the day when
    The weight deadens
    On your shoulders
    And you stumble,
    May the clay dance
    To balance you.

And when your eyes
    Freeze behind
    The grey window
    And the ghost of loss
    Gets into you,
    May a flock of colours,
    Indigo, red, green
    And azure blue,
    Come to awaken in you
    A meadow of delight.

When the canvas frays
    In the currach of thought
    And a stain of ocean
    Blackens beneath you,
    May there come across the waters
    A path of yellow moonlight
    To bring you safely home.

May the nourishment of the earth be yours,
    May the clarity of light be yours,
    May the fluency of the ocean be yours,
    May the protection of the ancestors be yours.

And so may a slow
    Wind work these words
    Of love around you,
    An invisible cloak
    To mind your life.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thank you all for your kind words.
    I do blame myself for not putting her life jacket on her. I knew how wobbly she was, and I considered putting it on, but I was in the last stages of exhaustion, and it seemed like one thing more than I could manage, and she never went further into the water than she needed to to get a drink. If I had done it she would still be with me. On the other hand, she may have been spared suffering. She had pain meds but no way of telling me how well they were working any more, and I know she was failing, I was going to take her to the vet for "the discussion" after the summer. I still failed her, no matter how it turned out, though.
    Karen

------------------------------------------------------
    Rosie is a 32 lb spayed female beagle, born 7/29/2002; she has pituitary Cushing's. She began Vetoryl (10 mg, twice a day) on 7/3/2013, reduced to once a day abt 12/1/2016, stopped completely in March 2017. Rosie died 06/28/19 just a month short of 17 years old (it was not Cushings related).

There are so many "what ifs".

If I hadn't put Lena on the meds; if I had only stayed that night at the ER instead of going home; if I had stayed home from work the first day she seemed in trouble: if I had just put her to sleep while I was there, instead of hoping she would make it through the night.

Nothing can change what has already happened. We just have to acknowledge that we loved them, they loved us, and we did the best we could. I can say it, I just wish my heart and mind would accept it.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Yes, that's it exactly. We will accept it in time, I hope.
    Karen

------------------------------------------------------
    Rosie is a 32 lb spayed female beagle, born 7/29/2002; she has pituitary Cushing's. She began Vetoryl (10 mg, twice a day) on 7/3/2013, reduced to once a day abt 12/1/2016, stopped completely in March 2017. Rosie died 06/28/19 just a month short of 17 years old (it was not Cushings related).