Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Rosie has pituitary Cushing's — Rosie has crossed Rainbow Bridge

Default Re: Rosie has pituitary Cushing's

Squirt was about 15 when I stopped her treatment as well...and many other meds she had been on. I promised her no more pokes, prods, or scary rides unless absolutely necessary for the remainder of her days. It was the right decision for her and I trust you know this is the right decision for your sweet girl, too. Squirt was happier and lighter in spirit....I hope Rosie finds the same.

It is so good to hear from you and I hope you and Rosie have many more memories to create ahead of you. Let us hear from you when you can!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I'm so glad that you found a solution for the bed and night time accidents!

When they get to be older, you just have to make decisions based on quality of life, as to what will work best for them. This is obviously what is best for Rosie and you!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Rosie just had her 16th birthday on 7/29. She is still off the Trilostane. A few months ago she seemed very stiff and arthritic, got knocked off her legs easily, never wagged her tail and didnt seem to be enjoying life. I asked for, and got, pain meds for her (meloxicam) - and the change was dramatic. Not only did she seem like her 10 yr old self (at 15) again, wagging tail and all, but THE PANIC BEHAVIOR CEASED IMMEDIATELY. If you look back through Rosie's thread, you will see how long I have been trying to cope with it. And it just stopped. She no longer sleeps in the bathroom, and there's no more banging on the tub every night. We have been through fireworks and even thunderstorms without any problems. Our vet was amazed, because there was no reason why the pain meds should have affected her this way, but we don't need to understand it to celebrate it!
    Karen

------------------------------------------------------
    Rosie is a 32 lb spayed female beagle, born 7/29/2002; she has pituitary Cushing's. She began Vetoryl (10 mg, twice a day) on 7/3/2013, reduced to once a day abt 12/1/2016, stopped completely in March 2017. Rosie died 06/28/19 just a month short of 17 years old (it was not Cushings related).

Yes, just celebrate it, Karen. Who cares why?? Good for Rosie, and what a relief for you.

Happy 16th Birthday, Rosie!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh, I agree 100% — Happy, happy Birthday, little Rosie!!!

And Karen, best wishes to you, as well ;-))))))

Marianne

Happy 16th Birthday, sweet Rosie!!! And I am so happy that the pain meds have made such a good improvement in Rosie!!!!!!!

HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY, ROSIE!!

and what a great update! I hope this trend continues from now on and she never needs more than the pain med.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Happy birthday rosie!

Rosie has crossed the rainbow bridge. It was nothing to do with the Cushings, I hasten to assure anyone reading this. She would have been 17 on July 29th; she had become quite weak and wobbly. I hoped we would have one last summer together. But the day we arrived at camp June 28th, she came for her evening treats when I called her, but not when I called her at bedtime. I notified everyone I could think of, including the lake association page on Facebook, which is how they knew to call me. She was found floating in the lake by two fishermen on July 5th. They took a picture and brought it to me; I identified her immediately. They kindly brought her to me and buried her for me. I think she went for a drink of water after her treats, as was her habit, and she collapsed and drowned. I am broken with grief. She got me through losing my mother and brother two years ago and now I am more alone than I have ever been in my life. I know you will all understand how I feel. It has taken me almost 2 months to be able to post this.
    Karen

------------------------------------------------------
    Rosie is a 32 lb spayed female beagle, born 7/29/2002; she has pituitary Cushing's. She began Vetoryl (10 mg, twice a day) on 7/3/2013, reduced to once a day abt 12/1/2016, stopped completely in March 2017. Rosie died 06/28/19 just a month short of 17 years old (it was not Cushings related).

Rosie is flying free now! She's with many friends at the rainbow bridge.

I am so sorry to read this post today, and very grateful to you for returning to let us know. We will always honor sweet Rosie alongside of you.

Hugs,
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!